Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Waiting!

Hi all,

Sorry for the moan, and I know no-one can help, but I've been waiting 4 weeks for a referral appointment and still not heard anything - we had a referral last year, but found out I was pregnant soon after, so cancelled it. I had a letter through within weeks and the appointment was soon, after. I feel like they're dragging their feet because I've already wasted their time once, but there was a good reason! I'm probably being paranoid, and the demand is probably higher at the moment or something.

Also, my poor hubby is reluctant to chase up his referral, as I know he doesn't want to do his "bit". I don't blame him, but if we find out its a SA problem, at least we know.

I suppose I'm just frustrated, as I'm past 2 weeks PO (at least I think I am, I had a BIG thick LH line, but it was a morning sample, one I took later in the day was borderline, but my pee is always really dilute throughout the day, as I go so often!

Sorry for the rant xx

Replies

• BE ate my rely!

The waiting is awful, the waiting for the date to wait is even worse. I'd phone them every week until they sort it out. I really hope you have to cancel for the same reason.

I know what you mean about chasing the hubs. I burst into tears last week as realised mine hadn't been taking his vitamins. After all of the poking, prodding, peeing on sticks for the last year I was more than upset that he couldn't take a bloody vitamin and questioned how much he wanted this.

It seemed to make him buck his ideas up as he's been taking everyday since-no nagging required! x x
  • thanks MP! I've called GP, but they say nothing they can do, they've sent it, it could take up to 12wks! But I can wait, we've got a holiday 2 do some BDing! X
  • it's frustrating is n't it! took me ages to get DH to chase his test! now waiting for the 2nd one cus they stuffed the first one up! i'm also 6 weeks into a 13 week waiting for my referral! hold on in there, keep ur chin up hun, you'll get there some places unfortunately have LONG waiting lists! (((hugs))) x
  • AAARRGGGHH did not realise that it took 12 weeks for a referral appointment that is ages!! Mine only got sent through last week so it looks like I will not be hearing anything until Oct!! Hope everyone hears soon!
  • It's pants! Muffin, I think it depends on where you live as I saw my GP, a referral was made and i was in the fertility clinic in a week. It's awful that it's such a postcode lottery.

My next app is 28th september and having basic tests in meantime.

Where are you going on holiday WM? That will be fab and you can bd your heart out! x x
  • I think its timing too for appt's, as my last one, that we cancelled came through in a few weeks and I know we had to cancel it quite quickly. I guess i'm just unlucky this time. We're only sailing in norfolk, with 3 of my nieces and nephews tagging along, but there'll be a few sneaky early nights!
  • I think I might have to force myself to leave the OPK's at home, though! Trying to pee in a pot in those tiny toilets might be a bit of a challenge! But sticking with my alcohol-free lifestyle might be impossible!