Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi Girls,
Thought I'd introduce myself as I think I fit into this category!
I'm 33 and have been ttc for 14 months (since I got married). I got my long awaited BFP last month but miscarried after 5 weeks. I was gutted but found the positive in it - at least it actually happened and it suggests our bodies are 'working'.
I had a blood test after a year which said I was ovulating and hubbys sperm test came back normal. It feels like such a long time and however much you try and carry on with life its always at the back of your mind. In the last 14 months, my sister, my sister-in-law and my 2 best friends have all fallen pregnant easily and gone on to give birth and I'm still trying.
It's not easy and it's hard to not feel like a failure but I'm glad theres other women in my position who I can share my concerns with.
Good luck everyone x

Replies

• Hey Skye,

Welcome welcome. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but I can imagine what you mean about it giving you a little hope as you know everything is working. It's really nice on here any everyone is very supportive.

Welcome again!

Rach x
  • Hi skye, welcome to ltttc. Everyone is really supportive as we all know what its like to be trying for so long! Hope your stay is a short one hun xxx
  • Thanks for the welcome!

I hope everyone is on here for a short time, we all deserve it x
  • Hi hun and welcome to the site, so sorry to hear about your miscarage but hope you get a sticky BFP really soon. Sxx