Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Im New

Hieveryone Im new and have been TTC for 3 months. I have an irregular cycle. I stopped taking the pill back in December and only got AF 2x sicne then. Both were exactly 63 days apart. Im now going on almost 70 days since my last which was only spotting so any idea of having some regularity Ive thrown out the window.

Im thinking about buying a OPK since I dont know when I ovulate. Any info would be most helpful to me or other ideas of what I can do.

TIA

Replies

• the cbfm is good but I would go to the drs first to be honest as your ycles are quitelong, do you suffer from any other symptoms that other than long cycles?

Welcome by the way ! LOL
  • If you've only been off the pill 3 months i would suggest waiting a little longer to see if your cycles settle down which they might.

You could try taking Agnus castus to help shorten/regulate cycles, which is a herbal remedy. If they still remain long then i'd try GP.

In regard to OV as your first 2 cycles were both 63 days i would assume you ov'd around cd49/50 so try using opks from around then its perfectly possible to still consieve with longer cycles as annoying as they are.

If your still getting long irregular cycles or af doesn't appear go to the doc and they can give you something to bring it on, i had this after going to cd117 without an af, they may also suggest test for PCOS where long irregular AF's are a symptom.

Good luck hun.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I would agree with lilac, it is not unusual to have really irregular cycles when you first come off the pill, it should settle down after a few months if not or they get longer then you should go to your GP xx
  • the cbfm is good but I would go to the drs first to be honest as your ycles are quitelong, do you suffer from any other symptoms that other than long cycles?

Welcome by the way ! LOL

Hi, thanks for responding. What is cbfm (new, so not up with the lingo yet!).

Also have been seeing my gyn regularly and have not been diagnosed with anything other than irregular cycle. No PCOS
  • Cbfm is clearblue fertility monitor! Took me a while to get lingo too.
    Welcome.
  • Hello babyprayers and welcome x