Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pcos and ectopic... help needed please

Hi ladies,

Its my first time in here, but have been a regualr in ttc and ttc after ectopic for a while, i just thought that maybe my situation may be familar to some ladies in here.

I was diagnosed PCOS 6 years ago, and fell pregnant in sep of last year but sadly it was ectopic and i was treated for this in oct/ nov. In feb i am able to try again, however the prob is i havent had a af since, i have booked a gp appointment but dont really know if there is anything they could offer me at this stage. I am 31 with no other children so i want to get things moving, i am concerned that i have a lot against me, what with the pcos and dodgy tubes aswell! Can anybody offer any advice?

Thankyou so much...

Gemma x

Replies

• Hi Gem, not something I've experienced but wanted to say hi.I hope that apart from the lack of af you are ready to start ttc again and that it doesn't take long for you to get a sticky 'in the right place'! BFP.
    I'm straggling here and ttc so am posting in both forums but am never on late at night as Grace is an early riser.
    Nice to 'see'you again.
    Helen.xxx
  • Hey Gem,
    Welcome to the site, and so sorry about your ectopic image not had any experience with this but do have PCOS. Could they give u a progesterone tablet to get af started again? Not really sure how it works but i took it after not having an af for months and monhth. Good luck huni and hope u get some results from the docs. Sxx
  • Hey Gem
    Progesterone is one option to bring on AF but have you asked to see a conultant gynae after 6 years of trying you have the right. They might give you clomid with or without metformin another option.
    You might think this a strange comment. One thing our consultant was very emphatic about was that despite our 'problems' PCOS, dody tube (although not through ectopic) and male factor problems it doesn't matter when your having IVF. In fact the pcos was a bonus we got LOADS of eggs.
    I only say this so you realise that your problems don't affect your last option.
    take care
  • Thankyou all for your replys, its so helpful chatting on here to girls who understand...

I should just clear something up, i havent actually been trying for 6 years, only started trying last year , however, my periods have always been irregular... 2/ 3 cycles per year. I was amazed and thrilled, when i got my BFP, and then obviously devestated at the ectopic.

I am keen to try again, as i know this could take some time, however with no sign of af in 14 weeks, i am becoming impatient.

The doc tried to send me away, asked me to wait a further 6 months and then come back... i refused to move until he agreed to at least a basic hormone bloIod test. I have no problem with "keep trying" however that is hard if im not even ov! (how depressing would that be month after month) Also i dont intend to wait a further 6 months before im told i may need extra help in one way or another. if the tests come back clear (or whatever the term is) of course i'll just keep going, however i suspect something is not quite right. i think my PCOS is having a flare up, i have a face covered in acne and almost a full tash!!! (any wonder my poor hubby is even still interested!) :lol:

Anyway i'll keep you all posted, just incase its interesting to anybody else going through similar.

Good luck everyone trying this month

Gem x