Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Will it EVER happen??

Hey there ladies

.... so much for me taking a few weeks off to cum back chilled out...well i was..i think!

Until i got word of my 1st Gynae appointment on Monday and now im up to ninety...im
really scared!! Want it to be next week at this time so its all over!

Im just thinking...Im sure i will be due my AF anytime next week..so what if i have that when i go to appointment? lol.... am i jus over reacting now??

...everywhere i turn there is pregnant ladies...or a friend tells me she is expecting, or OH tells me that one of his friends is going to be a Dad...its just soo heartbreaking!!!

I know we all have times like this...and i just fancied a rant!! lol

Thanx for reading xxx

Replies

• Hey Cupcake, please don't worry about your 1st appointment. It really isn't bad, at all. They will ask you a few questions about how long etc etc and MAY do an internal. If your on AF then don't worry. I'm sure they can rearrange for another internal. It doesn't tend to tell them that much anyway. They'll probably jsut tell you what the next steps are i.e HSG, ultrasound, more bloods, another SA etc.

And I KNOW how you feel about all the pregnant ladies too!! EVERYWHERE!! And don't think you are going mad, apparently there is a baby boom going on at the moment cos no-one can afford to go out anymore so we're not seeing things. Just a god damn shame it's when we're all at this stage!

Feel free to rant but please relax about your appointment. Honestly, hand on heart, it's easy.

xxx
  • I want to just re iterate what Mrs Hopeful says...
    I would be surprised if they do an internal the first day. It usually is much more of a "chat" the first appt, and what to expect going forward.
    I know exactly how you feel... it is such a heartbreaking process but least you are on a path that will help you lots.
    Rant away hun...but as Mrs Hopeful relax about your first appt... it will be OK I promise.
    xxx
  • Hi Cupcake,

Im not really too sure what your situation is but we had our 1st gynae appt yesterday & I think the only reason I had an internal was because I have recently had an erpc so they wanted to just give me an examination to determine when to arrange an ultrasound.

Initially the apt was just talking over our history & discussing what tests we will have done for recurrent mc.

Im sure you will be fine hun good luck & sending you lots of hugs xxxx
  • Thank you again ladies....

I totally broke down today when OH came home and the insensitive pig said..."what have u to worry about".... arse lol

Anyway...i know im on a long journey...but hopefully in the end i will get my dream! Im just scared that i have a problem that cant be "fixed"!!!!

As will everyone else on here! image

xxxxxxxx big hugs ladies xxxxxxxxx
  • Honey I have that same rant every week lol!
    I have my 1st appointment next wednesday.

Good luck for monday xxx
  • Hey there Shell....

how are u feeling about the appointment??
    Glad there is sumone else at the same point in the journey as myself...

How long have u been trying for?.... have u had 21day bloods done etc??

xxx Good Luck to you too.... Thanx....xxx

• Hiya

Im nervous about the appointment but looking forward to it also because it because I want answers now!! We see the nurse first to go through everything so she can make sure everything has been done ready for the consultant appointment.

We've been trying since May 2008.
    I had a blood test at my initial drs appointment (apparently they were "on a level" whatever that means) and then another one on CD3 (satisfactory LH and FSH levels which is good).
    They haven't done 21 day because my cycles were irregular. Now they seem to have settled around 30 days (except the last 21 day one!) they may do them now we'll see. Hubby has also has SA done, the 1st one not great but they will go through this and we'll get his 2nd SA results also.

Fingers crossed xxx

[Modified by: ShellK on September 24, 2009 06:27 PM]

• Aw cupcake, big hugs to you hon. I can completely un derstand your anxiety, I felt exactly the same. Try not to worry too much though hon, it really is quite a routine check up it seems. Try to hold onto the fact that knowledge is power and this will be taking you one step closer to your BFP. I know what you mean by 'will it EVER happen' - I ofetn feel the same, but it WILL, it may just take a while and a different route to the ususal.Feel free to rant away!! xx
  • Hi Cupcake, I have just had my 1st appt letter through, although I have to wait until November for mine which seems ages away. I hope the ladies have put your mind at ease as to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect either so it has been a help for me too reading the replies.

I know what you mean, wondering if it will ever happen. Everywhere I go it seems that people have been trying for five minutes and they get their BFP. I hate to say it but I just can't help feeling jealous and the more announcements I hear the more I struggle to feel happy for people (I know that sounds awful, sorry). I have resigned myself to the fact that we are going to need help, but as for "will it ever happen", yes, it will, it's just going to take us a little longer than others.

Take care hun x