Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

PMA done a runner.........

...........arrrggghhhh I am so sad, and going insane. :cry::cry::cry: I am 6 days past 5 day embryo transfer, so basically like 11dpo.

Last week I had some pg like symptoms, sore boobs, horrible metallic taste....but I now realise that was probably all down to the trigger (HCG) shot).

This week, all I have is AF symptoms. I have had light cramping and twinges since embryo transfer (very much like AF cramps but duller and I don't usually get them until day of AF). Also in past few days have been v bloated on and off, bit nauseous, had white CM, and greasy skin. I get ALL of these before AF. I am now convinced it hasn't worked, and just cannot get my PMA back. The only saving grace is that my dear sweet husband is being amazing and I don't hate him like I usually do pre-AF!!! (poor man). And I haven't cried in weeks!

I'm just so sad, I had been so so positive. We had even talked about names. Now it feels like it's over before it's begun..... I just cannot believe it. We had 2 perfect quality blastocysts transferred which gave us a 74% chance of conceiving.

Can ANYONE give me any PMA or reassure me about these symtpoms? At the moment, am just preparing for the devastation at the weekend.

Thank you ladies and very very sorry for the very negative post xxx

Replies

• TBD - you're talking like you've already tested and that it was BFN!!! Now stop it! Sooooo many women on here have said that pregnancy symptoms were just like AF symptoms. You still stand a very good chance; like you said 74%. That's brilliant!

There's only a few more days to go until you can tesy. I can only imagine how hard it is to stay positive all the time so accept that your post was your moment of weakness; we're all allowed them, and now you're going to have PMA, PMA, PMA!!! Have mine - I don't need it at the moment!! And as you've said before, you are PUPO!!!!

Honestly though, TBD, try not to worry about the 'symptoms' too much. Every woman is different and going through IVF I am sure will alter the initial 'symptoms' anyway because of all the drugs.

Thinking of you hun. Keep your chin up. Massive cyber hugs coming your way.

xxxx
  • Oh sweetie, I am sending you a massive hug. I completely understand how you feel... but you had 74% chance and you don't have a BFN... all your symptoms although are like AF are also PG symptoms too.
    I am sending you loads and loads of PMA down the internet for you... so keep visualising ... remember you are PUPO.... and no one has proven that you are not.
    Lots of love sweetie, xxx
  • Hey you guys, thank you so much for your speedy responses!!!

MrsH, bless you, thank you so much and you're right it is just a moment of weakness....really really appreciate your PMA!!

MrsA, thank you so much to you too. It's good to know you didn;t have any symptoms. I think I'd feel better about it if I had nothing though. It's the AF syptoms that are so upsetting. I am taking the prog pessary yes. To be honest my mood is actually ok. I haven't had any mood swings and don;t really feel down. I guess I have just lost my positive feelings.....I feel sad about that because it was so amazing to have the dream feel like it could be a reality. You're right though...I am trying not to focus on negatuve thoughts because of the effect it could have....

Rachie, it is saying you have replied but I can't see it! Hopefully will pop up after my post!

Thanks again ladies xxx

[Modified by: tinybabydancer on November 24, 2009 06:45 PM]

• Hey TBD. I know I didn't have IVF but just wanted to say that I had no symptoms other than my usual pre-AF symptoms. I assumed something magical would happen and that I would feel completely different but I didn't! My sore (.)(.) that I got every month started at the exact same dpo as they always did. Same with my pre-AF cramps. I posted at 8dpo saying that I was out for the month, Hang on in there chick x
  • hey tbd I'm sorry your pma has gone AWOL today I'm sending you some of mine, like the others have said it's not over yet your odds are good!!!! I know how you feel though and progesterone pessaries are evil they made me feel like crap and still are, I was sure af was coming in the second wk of 2ww and really thought the iui hadn't worked and nearly choked when I finally did test and it was positive I was getting the cramps and twinges which were so much like AF and I still am getting them talk about knocker watch while TTC it's even worse now I'm on 1st name terms with my loo LOL!!!!! I am sending
    you a massive cyber hug and a load of positive vibes!!!! I truely hope those embies have bedded in down there for your much deserved BFP you soooh deserve it!!! chin up chick(easier said than done I know) xxxxxxxx
  • Rachie, thank you sweetie! As ever, fab advice and also really appreciate the PMA.

KC, thanks hon. I remember you saying that! But it just doesn;t feel possible that I could be pg AND have these cramps. How strong were your cramps? Mine aren't too bad....just uncomfortable and they come and go, but are better if I eat something. I haven't got sore boobs which I feel I would have if it had worked.

Oh girls, I know I probably cannot really tell either way at this stage, what with the hcg trigger, prog pessaries, possible AF and possible pg.........but this is just excruciating!!! Ok, once I've finished having a good moan on here I promise to get my PMA back! xxx
  • Hey sianni, oh thank you sweetie. that is reassuring to hear. It just feels so unnatural to have these cramps if I could possibly be pg. Did you get any CM? I really wish I didn;t have that as that just seems like it's the start of AF for me......... Sorry to hear you're still feeling anxious....roll on your scan hey?! xx

• Yes i think so it's so hard to tell with the pessaries as they leak a similar substance Sorry if TMI!!!!! (oh and i mean't Knicker watch not Knocker watch LMAO) are you using Cyclogest 400mg? thats what i am using and the leaking is a nightmare it's exactly like CM just seems like loads, i really hope your PMA comes Back with a vengance tomorrow & i am crossing everthing feasibly possible for you Honey and yes the Cramps do feel strange but i hope they are good cramps for you Love Sianni xxxxxx
  • Right girly get those running shoes on and chase after that PMA. I had dull like af cramps before my bfp and was told it was my womb stretching so that is not necessarily anything to worry about. Do something positive to take your mind off it as best you can. It will be d day before you know it. Don't forget if the hcg shot was giving you pg like symptoms then it is bound to dull off a bit before test date while there is a cross over xxx I have everything crossed for you xx
  • Hiya TBD! I'm so sorry your PMA has done a runner and it is perfectly natural, so don't beat yourself up about it. Your body is having to go through some much at the moment and all of those "af symptoms" could very well be BFP symptoms. I completley understand how difficult it must be,as a lttc you learn not to get your hopes up for self preservation, and now your have dared yourself a glimmer of hope and then think think your hope of been dashed. I'm so sure that this has worked for you sweetie and i really do believe it will happen to the most deserving person! So go out and grab that PMA and i will be looking out for that BFP announcement.

Got everything crossed for you!!! xxxxx
  • AAHH computer gremlims!!!:lol:

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:07 PM]

• OOpppss!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:09 PM]

• Bloody lap top!!!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:08 PM]

• Right whats going on?!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:06 PM]

• dear god BE has gone mad!!!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:04 PM]

• madness!!!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:02 PM]

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:01 PM]

• stop it!!! bad BE!!!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:05 PM]

• aaarrrgghh!!!

[Modified by: Evie18 on November 24, 2009 08:03 PM]

• Hi TBD, you have got soooooooo much support on here, and everyone is sending you super positive vibes, soak them up and pass them onto your embies, even if you're feeling worried yourself.

Try to keep yourself busy in something involving - take up knitting?? Baking? clear out a drawer? I don't know, just keep busy to keep your mind off your symptoms.
    I do know it's easier said than done, I'm really feeling side effects of clomid this month (really cramping) and am losing my PMA, but honey, you have to keep yours because it's not over for you!

A friend who's recently given birth said she had cramps before her BFP (and she'd had a MC a couple of months before) and thought there was no way she'd get the good news she did, but she did, and she now has a beautiful baby girl.

I have everything crossed for you too, Take Care
    xx