Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Crawley Fertility Clinic!!

Hi All!
Has anyone been referred to Crawley Fertility Clinic? I would be greatful of any advice given. I went to the clinic on Tuesday 23rd June to see Dr. Youssef... He was very nice! My DP and I have been trying to conceive for nearly 19 months and are getting frustrated. Especially as my DP had his SA a year ago and it was better than average (according to Dr. Youssef)! Im feeling a bit lost that I'm the reason for us not conceiving!! Sorry for going on a bit but would love to hear your experiences and what happened to you once referred!!
Thankyou!
Laura xx

Replies

• Hi Lou,
    Don't worry about going on, you didn't at all.
    I'm not at Crawley clinic, but am at East Surrey (Redhill) and I believe the 2 work in conjunction with each other, as I'm going to Crawley for my pre-op assessment.

What did Dr Youssef say during the appt, did he send you for bloods or mention a HSG or Lap & Dye??

I've been referred for a Lap & Dye as everything else is OK, bloods etc, OH SA was OK too. Now they need to check if the 2 of us are meeting en route so to speak. Have you has the checks to see if your ov'ing?

I completely understand where you are at the moment, we too have been trying to conceive for some time now, since April last year, and it is very frustating as to why it's not happening.... heartbreakling at times!!! So completely understand....

xxx

[Modified by: babyhope on June 25, 2009 12:42 PM]

• Hi Babyhope! He didn't say much at all! I have to go for bloods on days 2-4 of my next cycle..... Im pretty sure im ovulating as I have used opk's and I check mucus (sorry tmi) so its so frustrating!!! My cycles for the las 8 months have been 25, 27, 21, 27, 27, 24, 24, 26...so not great but not too bad either! He also mentioned something about booking me for an x-ray (with the dye) and a laparoscopy... Not sure if this is what you call lap&dye?! Have tried the self-insemination this month as I have heard it can work well! Fingers crossed for us both! Let me know how you get on xxx
  • Hi Lou,
    Yep, the day 2-4 bloods will show for sure if you're ov'ing, but sounds like you are if you get the OPK's. I had my 2-4 bloods done too, which I've had done before, they check loads of different things, but the FSH is the most important. I found out yesterday that mine was too high to qualify for NHS IVF in Surrey (apparently they are really stingy!!) but had I have lived a mile down the road in Sussex I would have qualified!!! Boo!!

The Lap and Dye and the x-ray are a little different, to be honest I was hoping for a HSG (xray) as you can have it done whilst your awake, but my consultant said that it only tells you if your tube are blocked or not, whereas a Laparoscopy can see so much more!!!!

I too am hoping for a miracle before the Lap, so I don;t have to have it done, so fingers and toes crossed for both of us!!! Keep in touch xx
  • Hi hun,
    I understand how frustrating it is. When we got referred we got send for 21 day bloods, SA and a HSG (xray with dye). I'm now on clomid as i dont ovulate and desperately waiting for our BFP.
    I hope you get the anwers you need soon xxx