Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HSG on Thursday - ARGH!

2»

Replies

• Well, had my HyCosy today, it was pretty uncomfortable (hubby was there to hold my hand) and I felt a bit crap for about 2 or 3 hours afterwards, but the good news is there is no damage in my tubes, and the Dr. said that everything looks good. We have another appointment in September to go through it all plus the results of hubby's next SA and to talk through our "next steps".
  • twinklestar - that's so annyoying. As if this journey isn't upsetting and frustrating enough without adding incompetence into the mix! Grrrrr!

Lougla - fab news all was clear chick x
  • Hi hun

only just spotted this and see its been delayed for you- how annoying.

I just wanted to add my reassurances that an HSG is nowhere near as bad as some of the stories you read on the web. I was terrified and actually threw up before mine but it was really not that bad. Its like a smear- not pleasant but not terrible.

My tips are to take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen beforehand, take some flipflops so you are not padding around in bare feet, take a spare sanitary towel as hospital ones are HUGE, take some water to drink, and I also took a change of undies to cheer myself up afterwards. Oh yes and a few drops of Bachs flower remedy really helped calm me too.

The whole thing lasted about 5 mins and apart from bad cramps like AF afterwards, there were no problems at all.

Like Kayecee I got my BFP the following month, which the consultant said is quite common!

I took the rest of the day off to look after myself and rest, I'd recommend that.

Good luck hun

xx
    6+6
  • P.S. they do give you a rather fetching hospital gown to wear, its not Gucci thats for sure lol

xx
  • all done! I survived!
    Thanks for the advice on here, it was just as you said - uncomfortable, and a little undignified, but managable.
    And my tubes & womb are fine! Yey!

fingers crossed for this month as we're going to start trying again, but we've only got to wait til 14 Sept for the appointment with the consultant anyway.

• Glad you got the all clear LEC! x
  • Hey ladies,
    I had my HSG on Thursday and was back in A&E on Friday. I've not been feeling right all week but it turns out I've got gastric flu and the HSG made it worse.
    The HSG itself for me was very painful but that's probably down to me being ill, otherwise it would have been manageable.
    I'm off now back to bed but wanted to let you know how I got on. Hope you're all ok.
    xx
  • gosh twinklestar that's terrible, I hope you're on the mend now.
    Did they tell you about your tubes & womb or was it not a successful procedure due to your poorliness?
    I do hope it was OK and they haven't got to do it again.

take it easy & spoil yourself after that

L xx
  • Aw twinklestar poor you - what a rubbish time of it you've had hon. As LEC says I hope you had good news about the tubes. Get well soon xxx

Good news about your tubes lougla and LEC. I had mine this week and it was all fine too...phew! xx
  • ah Twinklestar... that is horrid. I hope you feel better soon babe! Did they give you any feedback?
    Fab news Lougla and LEC and TBD! imageimageimage
    XXX
  • Twinklestar - that's so rotten. I hope you're starting to feel better sweetie x
  • Hi ladies, I'm back on my feet after being very ill - not only did I have gastric flu but I had a ruptured cyst on my ovary!! Everything has been going wrong for me.
    Not had the results yet as the fertility nurse is on holiday for two weeks and has no cover (good idea eh?) so I'm still in limbo - not had any of our test results yet.
    Sorry I've not been keeping track on how you're all getting on, I've not been able to sit upright so haven't been on the pc.
    xx