Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Problems with cycles restarting after being on the pill?

Hiya I'm new here and wondered if anyone has experienced this. I came off the pill a year ago to start ttc straight away and I still haven't had AF or a BFP. I'm seeing an endocrinology consultant for the second time in a few days and hope that they can give me something that will help. I've had a scan that's showed that the eggs in my ovaries aren't maturing so I'm not ovulating. I'm thinking it's a hormonal thing but just wondered if anyone knows what the next step might be?

Thanks in advance! :\)

Replies

• It sound like the perfect job for CLOMID (or as we like to call it....the wonder drug)
    I also dont ovulate and i'm currently on this drug to make me ovulate, so that sounds like what you need. I think they prescribed something else for lack of AF but i cant remember what it is. hope this helps a bit.
    Good luck hunnie xxxxx
  • Hi hun,

Im the same i am currently on cd140 no AF since february, i am due a internal scan next week, i have also heard clomid is supposed to make you OV, can i ask have you had any blood tests done to check your hormones, cos i thought mine would have shonw something but the doctor said they were ok, makes no sense to me. x
  • If the doc says there ok hun then they must be ok. I had two lots for 21 day bloods done and they both showed low progestrone, which means i didnt ovulate. Good luck for the scan x
  • Thanks ladies image

Hales my blood tests also came back as normal except showing a slightly underactive thyroid. Not sure how that works tbh as obviously there's something not right! I will ask about Clomid at my appointment.
  • Good look with your appoinment.
    Do you have polycystic ovaveries? This is where the follicles dont mature so stay on the ovary and cause a cyst.
    Clomid is prescribed for this to make you ovulate.
    Hope you get to the bottom of it soon x
  • Oooh I'm in a gang, glad I'm not the only one dealing with this (not that any of us should be but you know...)

The sonographer said that yes my ovaries are polycystic, though I don't have PCOS apparently.

Thanks everyone
  • Thats strange polycystic i would of thought is PCOS??
    Yeah starflowery its a bit wierd that they came back ok but we not ovulating, dont make sense ay!, x

• Starflowery,

You sound very similar to myself, I've only had 1 AF in 12 months and this was after having a cycle of Clomid. Nothing for about 5 months now so I have been given Provera to bring on an AF, then have to take Clomid for 5 days to make me OV. I have to have a blood test on Day 21 to see if I did OV.

I too had scans for PCOS and was told I have cysts which are just over the standard size but apart from not having any AFs I don't have any other PCOS symptoms so I'm not sure I really have it.

I am finishing Provera today and then have to wait for AF to arrive before starting Clomid. Fingers crossed I get a AF after taking Clomid otherwise I am back to square one again. I keep telling myself I just need a bit of help to kick start my OV after being on the pill for 8 years.