Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my op

Hi

Didn't know this Long term TTC chat was here.

As most will know we have been trying for 15 months now, I had my laproscopy on Monday came out of hospital on Tuesday. They removed my right tube drained a cyst on my left ovary. The surgoen also said that my left tube is damaged and that I may need further surgery.... He also said that everything in that area was stuck to my bowles so he has had to release this and filled my tummy with liquid.

So all in all I feel shit physicaly and emotionaly. The pain is beginning to ease going back tom for them to look at my stiches as they are sore. We have an appointment middle of this month for IVF but I was really hoping my left tube would be in good nick so there may be a slight chance of us conceiving naturally but its not looking that way.

Annette X

Replies

• Oh poor you honey that sounds dreadfully painful and uncomfortable, I hope you are resting and taking it easy?!

I am not sure I can offer any advice to you but I am thinking of you and we will all be here to listen and support you if you need to rant or cry.

xxxxx

• oh honey u poor thing i hope ur resting up- make sure u get those stitches checked ASAP the last thing u need is an infection in those.

I really don't know what 2 say but wanted to offer support....if ur other tube is damaged but not blocked this may still give u a chance of concieving naturally...maybe?! Best of luck 4 ur appointment. xxxxxxxxxx

• take care and I hope you feel better soon

xxxxxxxxx
  • Oh honey you sound like you've been going through hell. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sxx
  • Hi thanks everyone, I do like this long-term ttc forum i'd stopped going on the ttc board as it depressed me when I saw all the BFP's after a few months of trying.

Had the stiches out today, the nurse said they are healing well, its more internal tummy pain now most of the bloating and gas has left my body. Think I'm having next week off work to so that I get chance to fully recover.

Looking forward to our IVF appointment now, and our holiday in September which I think we are both in need of. Xx