Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hospital appointment update

stupid adverts
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
i have my next appointment on tuesdays 27th april i have had my day 2-4 bloods done going to have my day 21 bloods done on sat then have my day 28 bloods on 1st of may

hopefully i get othertests done soon then next appointment i get my clomid heres to hoping

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i got my clomid and metformin as she said she has no idea why my consultant in march made me do all the tests again he wanted another internal and the hsg test but she said i have had 2 other children my tubes will not be blocked so no need for this test and she looked at my other scan from 6 years ago and said plain and simple i have pco she never said pcos because she said i would have to go though with the internal again and i will have to pay for it so i said well for the sake of a s lol i am not bothered.
well i have to pay fro my scans which will be ??120 a go which i will not be able to find so i am going to phone the hospital tomorrow to find out if i have to have the scans if so they said there was a deal they could pay ??300 for 3 scans and blood tests as they said blood tests are extra

[Modified by: emmajanesmith on 27 April 2010 20:53:46 ]

[Modified by: emmajanesmith on 27 April 2010 20:55:14 ]

[Modified by: emmajanesmith on 27 April 2010 20:58:04 ]

[Modified by: emmajanesmith on 27 April 2010 20:58:43 ]

[Modified by: emmajanesmith on 27 April 2010 21:01:02 ]

Replies

• Hiya, good luck with all the tests, are you having hsg as well, my docs won't give me clomid until they have checked the tubes.

I have my hsg next friday and then back to the hospital on 26th May so we are almost in the same position.

Has you OH had tests, mine has and they came back ok

xxx
  • i have no idea at the mo just checking bloods at the min but i was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago but he wants to start the testing again to just get a bigger picture i will find out on tues and see what she says as i have a different consultant this time round might make a list now and what questions should i ask lol i will ask what test they want me to do thank you
  • well had my day 21 bloods on sat and they said i should have the results when i get there on tues just 2 more days its at 2pm
  • wishing u good luck image
  • Loads of luck Emma. x
  • TY girls just one more sleep and i will find out what else they are doing
  • How did you get on Emma? x
  • just updated lol thank you fingers
  • i have to pay fro clomid but its only ??14 or there abouts metformin is free for me yay and i have to find out today if i need scans if so my and O/H have said i will have to do it month by month as we could not come up with ??300 just like that ??120 we can just about in a month
  • fab news that you got clomid and metformin............sorry for being thick..why is it that you have to pay!

If it helps on the road to BFP it pales into insignificance I suppose but its still expensive.

The scans seem to vary from NHS to NHS, they have told me that if I have clomid I will have scans but I know some don't. The scans are to check for hyperstimulation I think. What did they say?
  • ok i already have 2 children and my 1st i went to a fertility clinic and i was told i have PCOS and i was releasing an egg so we went home and BD'ed and i got PG that was a 2 year wait uptill then well we started to think about trying again as it took 2 years for us and i had normal bleed after birth but never had another Af till i found out a year later or so not sure but i was PG again but as i say i never had a Af between children so i was shocked even tho 2nd was planed so we are tying for number 3 might stop there but i will never say never as i get broody so easy well we have been trying for 22 months now and they said i have to self fund and clomid was only ??8.46 from asda and ever where else was ??14 (boots) ??17 local pharmacy oh my long essay lol

i think they want to do scans every month but not to sure as still need to get in touch with hospital fingers crossed i would rather have the scans but O/H said if we don't need to then we should just save the money we will see
  • i start my treatment today metformin i am not allowed to stop taking this till my doctors have confirmed PG can not wait til Af or Pg comes more than likely AF so i can start clomid