Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another newbie saying hello

Hi Ladies,

Some of you will know me from the ttc thread but thought I would join here to bolster numbers and because the 1st month pregnancy announcements are getting me down.

I'm 36 and we are on cycle 13 of ttc #2, which is not as long as some TTC'ers but I have been finding it quite hard to cope these last few months due to eight RL pregnancy announcements! Including three women at work, one who I have to sit opposite. And the baby-making machine [or my brother's girlfriend as she is otherwise known].

We've been to see our GP but we have been told not to worry and to give it a bit longer. DH SA results have been fine but my 21 bloods have come back twice as being on the low side so my main concern is that I'm not ovulating. However, I am using the CBFM and getting peaks every cycle.

Anyway, would be good to talk to some "longer than a couple of months" ttc'ers, to offer and to get some advice/support. Hope to see some more BFP's on here soon.

Replies

• Hi!

I think your GP sounds awful, i'd change! They should be referring you to your fertility hospital for more tests. "Wait and see" is the most frustrating thing ever! My gp is an angel and I didn't even have to ask to get a referral, I appreciately I am very lucky to have such a brilliant gp though.

I know what you mean about all the pregnancy announcements, it just makes your heart sink and fake happiness that you wonder looks false as you're trying so hard!

I've been ttc 13 months too and have had one ectopic and am getting a little fed up! Having tests so at least it's a step in the right direction!x x
  • Hello!

I too have been TTC 13 months with one mmc. The pg announcements are so difficult to deal with!
    Another friend has just called me to share her good news and although I am happy for her I am also sitting here crying my eyes out image
    I have an appointment next week where I am going to discuss this. Even plucking up the courage to do that has been hard though.

It's interesting that your bloods have come back low but you are getting peaks on cbfm. Has your GP said anything about this?

Good luck! xx
  • Hi Ladies,

My GP said it could be just stress as my first set were probably done too early and my second set was slightly low. I forgot to mention that I had been using the CBFM.

I rang up for my second test results and was told by the nurse that my GP wanted to speak to me so I left messages for two days and no-one rang back [I was quite anxious by then]. When she did call back, I was at work so it was a bit awkward and she asked what I wanted to talk to her about, when it was her who wanted to talk to me!

I haven't been back; instead I decided to self-refer privately. As I already have DS, I'd have to self-fund any treatment anyway.
  • Hello,

I've been trying since Dec 08 and not even a sniff of a BFP, been on clomid for 3 months to help ovulation so hoping it works for us all soon

xxx
  • Hi fingerscrossed. What happens when you're on Clomid? Do they check your progesterone levels to see if you're ovulating or do they leave you to it for a while so see if you get pregnant?
  • hi
    i agree with mafia princess, your gp sounds rubbish!! at 36 they should be referring you after 6 months, its the n.i.c.e guidelines. I understand what you are saying about having to pay for treatment, but you shouldnt have to pay for all the investigations.
    I am 35 in jan and have 1 son,we have been ttc since sep 08 with an ectopic last june and my docs have referred us.
    sorry to rant, but some gp's are so unsympathetic!!!!!!
    xx