Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st Gynae Appointment..Been and Gone

Morning there ladies...

im back from my first Gynae appointment....

Went alone...
Got taken at 9.30..by an Aux to get weighed, height, blood pressure...she then asked if i had a urine sample, explained that i didnt...so was taken by another Aux to get a "bowl" to pee in ... haha...
I then went and sat back down for a couple of minutes, when a nurse came round who had tested my urine and asked if i had my period as she found traces of blood in my urine... Oops i had forgot to mention that i was on haha
I was then called by the consultant, who asked about periods, intercourse etc....She then explained about the HSG and then if all comes back normal...wait another year then i will get put on the waiting list for IVF! She then asked if she could do an internal today..i asked if that could wait as i had my period etc...she was totally fine about it! She also told me that my 21day bloods showed that i have been OV!
I was then taken by thee Infertility Nurse..who arranged for my to have a HSG done on Nov 5th... I got a pot for OH's SA..
I was then taken by another nurse who took my blood to test for the Ruebella Antibodies..
Then i was on my Merry way haha....
xxx

Oh and all the time i had a student nurse hovering about! ha

Replies

• So glad it was all ok in the end cupcake......sounds like it was all a bit comical as well (although probably didn't feel like that at the time!). At least it's all over now. Fab news that you're ov'ing as well.....hopefully it will happen naturally before you get to the IVF point hon xx
  • Glad the appt went well hun & it's great that your ov'ing.

Like TBD says fingers crossed it will happen naturally. xxxx
  • Cupcake... that sounds like it went well! image So pleased to hear that you ov'd. And it is good to have your HSG all booked in and everything image
    I really hope OH's SA comes back perfect and the waiting list for IVF will become a distant memory.
    xxx
  • Glad it went well!! Great news that you are ov'ing and hopefully hubby sa will come back ok, and you will concieve long before IVF comes up! xx
  • Yeah glad to hear that im OV'ing....i kinda thought that i was Ov'ing every 2nd month, doesnt look like it tho!...Although with that coming back all good...it just makes me think its something more serious!

i think consultant was just going over every possibility with me... regarding the IVF!

Ive heard some ladies say that after the HSG they have gotten there BFP's!

Well at least im on the right path now image

Thank you all for your support...I will be back needing some before the HSG, ha!

Im actually kinda glad i went on my own today..made it all that bit more relaxed i think and not so formal!

xxx
  • Hi sorry to gate crash the topic. Will someone explain what HSG is please? x
  • What i believe it is...

When dye is put through your uterus and tubes via a catheter, when the dye is released a series of pictures are taken with a xray machine. This is to check your uterus and tubes (abnormalities, blockages, scarring etc)

xx

ps ladies if im wrong on this please correct me!
  • spot on cupcake! x
  • Hay cup cake, glad all went well. When I had my hsg I wrote a lovely thread in detail all about it so if you want to take a nosey have a look through my other topics, it was in May. It wasnt nice but it was barable.

Welcome EMAC X