Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ok, getting very nervous now

Ive got my lap and dye tomorrow and getting extremely nervous!!! Im scared about the op but also about the results! ARGHHHHHHHH!!! Someone try and calm me down please.

Replies

• Nice deep breaths!!!!

Just think this time tomorrow you'll have some answers and it's one step closer to bfp.

Have a nice bath and have a good read to wind down x x
  • Hey there LB....

Try not to get ureself to worked up... image Easier said than done i know!

As MP says... think positive.. tomorrow at this time you will be one step closer to that BFP and you will be soo proud of yourself for going through with it.. (I know i was after my HSG and various other hosp appointments... i HATE HATE HATE hospitals)

Have a nice relaxing bath.... get OH/DH in and have a nice chat... take ure mind off tomorrow.. or talk about tomorrow and get everything of your chest... image

hope everything goes well and i'll be thinking off you...

image XX
  • hey lizzie,

awww bless you..that was me last week...... honestly calm yourself down hun.....like the girls say have a nice bath, chill out n try not to think about it...we watched a dvd the night before to try n relax.....

jus think this time 2mw ur gonna know ur results n it'll all be over....

i'm back at work now, all is good! gonna be thinking about u all day 2mw...got my fingers n toes crossed for you xxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks for your lovely replies ladies. Am going to go for a bath now and take a book to bed. Will let you know how I get on when I am with it tomorrow.

xxxxx
  • Thinking of you lots and lots today. Hope you're ok. Let me know how you get lon.

Huge gentle hugs x x x x x
  • lizzybuffe
    was thinking of you today. Hope you got on ok
    xx
  • hey lizzy,

been thinking about u all day... hope ur ok n not too uncomfortable....
    hope it was good news for u hun xxxxxxxxx
  • Hey Lizzy - thinking of you and really hope everything went well and you are taking it easy.

Much love

S x
  • hey LB, sorry i missed this, had a BE break for a few days! how are you hunny??? xxxxx
  • Hi Ladies,
    Well op went ok althougn Im struggling a bit with pain and bloating image . It wasnt good news though Im afraid. Not entirely clear what is wrong as the consultant wouldnt give us too much info as she isnt my fertility consultant (which we found slightly frustrating to say the least) but it appears that there is some damage to both tubes and my ovaries and tubes have adhered themselves to something (again not clear what). Didnt really understand everything else she told us as she kept saying things and then retracting them as she didnt want to give us too much info before we saw the fertility consultant although she did say it is unlikely we will conceive naturally. Have rung fertility clinic and cant get appt until 16/11/2010!!!!
  • aw honey, (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) sorry you couldn't get much info and that you have to wait, i'm sure it doesn't feel like ti now but it's only 4 weeks, it won't be long. xxxx
  • hi lizzybuffe
    glad to hear the actual op wasnt so bad, but really sorry to hear of the outcome. How do you feel? i know its prob hard to feel positive at the mo and your app seems ages away, but i guess wait and see what your specailist says.If it is as consultant said and you will need help conceiving,at least you will know and there is a way forward to helping you get your baby.
    try to keep your chin up if you can, sending you big hugs
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • hey lizzubuffe,

awww hun. how uncomfortable do u feel. but u do get better pretty quickly. drink lots of peppermint tea, that helped me move it all n go for lots of little walks to shift it all

i'm sorry that u didn't get the outcome you were wanting, and also that the consultant didn't give u enough info. hope ur feeling ok hun. sending u a huge hug, but don't give up, u still have options sweetie, and 4 weeks will fly by

get lots of rest n get movin that trapped wind xxxxxx
  • Hey Lizzy

Sending you big hugs - sorry you didn't get better news but hopefully the way forward will be clearer when you have your appt in November. Until then take care of yourself.

Thinking of you.

S x
  • I am sending you the biggest hugs ever and I'm furious that they have given you this information after you've just had an operation and not been given the full facts. Like she said she's not a fertility expert so she is not qualified to tell you the liklihood of you conceiving naturally or not.

I know you must be very upset, confused, scared and in pain so now is the time to hand over to hubby to do what he has to to demand an earlier appointment.

My husband had to do this after my ectopic as I was receiving inconsistant advice and didn't have the energy to get to the bottom of it.

My MIL had keyhole surgery last year as her ovary had adhered to her bowel. She was out the same day. My cousin was also told she would only conceive with ivf and then conceived naturally.

Whatever the outcome you need to be given the full facts.

I wish I could come and get the answers fir you myself!

How are you feeling? Massive hugs and sorry for going on x x x
  • Thank you for all your kind replies ladies.

MP, you didnt go on and I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I think I will get OH ring the clinic again on Monday to try and push for an earlier appt as we have only been given half of the information we deserve.

Im feeling a bit better today, pain in shoulders has subsided just got a very sore tummy.

How are things with you? Are you in the 2ww now? I dont think we will be able to bd this month, Im on cd 13 and still low, dont even know if I will ov as body is probably in a state of shock after the surgery. Just wish I knew if there is any chance of us doing this naturally or if we should start exploring IVF now. But as you said it can still happen even the experts can get it wrong.

Hannah, how are you after your op now. Are you fully recovered? An signs of OV yet?

Lizzy xxx
  • hey hun,

think u should def get earlier appoint if poss n get the info u need.

feeling loads better now hun, back in work. u'll feel tender for about 5/6 days then all of a sudden u can move normally again...the bloating got me more than anything, damn wind!!

i'm jus approachin ov n gonna try bd ing this eve for first time, a little nervous n have it in my head my tummy will burst open, stupid imagination! jus taking it all slowly for now...

each day you'll feel better but keep resting n keep us updated xxxxx
  • Hi there girls,

How is everyone?

Hannah, how are things with you?

MP,are you in your 2ww now?

Rocky,how did you appt go at fertility clinic?

I had my stitches out today so feeling a bit tender. OH rang clinic to complain and try and get earlier appt but was told that they could'nt get us one before 16th Nov and that we were complaining to the wrong person and that we would have to complain to consultant.How the hell are we supposed to do that when we cant get an appt to see her???!!!!

Lizzy xxx
  • Hey, glad the stitches are out but sorry you're still tender.

My advice is to call th econsultant's secretary. I deal with them a lot with my job and they basically run the consultant's life. Complain until they give in! If no joy ask for the consultants e-mail and tel them exactly what has gone on. If that doesn't work make a formal complaint. I wouldn't let it go. They can't leave you like this with only half the story.

I'm in the 1ww now and have my consultant's appointment a week tomorrow and i'm not leaving until he does something to help us!

Big hugs!x x
  • Hey, glad the stitches are out but sorry you're still tender.

My advice is to call th econsultant's secretary. I deal with them a lot with my job and they basically run the consultant's life. Complain until they give in! If no joy ask for the consultants e-mail and tel them exactly what has gone on. If that doesn't work make a formal complaint. I wouldn't let it go. They can't leave you like this with only half the story.

I'm in the 1ww now and have my consultant's appointment a week tomorrow and i'm not leaving until he does something to help us!

Big hugs!x x