Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG...OMG...OMG!!!!!!!

Oh...my...God!!!!!!

Please don't hate me as I know EXACTLY what it feels like to read posts like this.....

I am a week late...tested this morning...and again at lunchtime....BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 15 months I am in utter shock!!! And slightly panicky as I have no symptoms at all other than a bit of af pain.
I have my work xmas party tomorrow...not too sure how I am going to explain the fact I am not drinking!!

If it helps anyone else, here is my story...
Started trying in August 07 after being on the pill for 13 years
Had bloods done and scan which showed i was ov
Hubbie had SA done, results not good and he was due to go for 2nd test in Feb 09
We did nothing different this month b'ding but I did have acupuncture once a week for the last 2 months. I swear this is what has done it!!!!!

I really hope there are some more xmas BPA to come and I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Replies

• yay congrats chick you diserve it,what a fab xmas present for you both

grudie-from the ttc forum x
  • Oh thats brilliant congtratulations!!!
    I'm sure nobodys going to hate you, especially as you've been trying for a long time-it gives the rest of us hope!!
    Have a great pregnancy!!
    H.xxx
  • no hate here at all that is soooooooooo cool. A happy ending brings hope.
    What a great christmas for you
    XX
  • Congratulations and best wishes after all this time. There is hope out there after all you have just proved that.
  • Hey sweetie - congratulations!! Hate to say I told you so but the accu is amazing!! got me first month! You totally deserve it, enjoy every minute and have a fabulous christmas!!

Rach x
  • Hate you...!!? Don't be silly!!

Congratulations hun... have a fab (no drinking) xmas image
  • Hey girls!

Thanks so much for all your replies.

I did a second test in M&S toilets at lunchtime in town just to be 100% sure (how classy am I - hee hee!!). Bought a clearblue 'word' test and it came up with 'pregnant'. Still can't believe it!

Rach46 and MrsAmanda in particular, thanks for all your support on here over the last few months.
    Rach46, I really hope you get your BFP soon after all you have been through and you can come over and join me in the august forum!! and indeed you are def right about the acupuncture (and Zita West book!)xxx
  • Hey Muppet, Fantastic news, congratulations that is amazing news. Sxx
  • Massive congratulations xxxxxxx
  • Hiya - wow many congratulations to you and mr muppet!!!

I really hope you enjoy your pregnancy and sending you sticky babydust
    xxxx
  • Wonderful news hun!! A fiend of mine was ttc for a year and she had accupuncture and caught on straight away! there's definitely something in it! Huge hugs for a very healthy and happy nine months xx
  • That's such great news. I'm off to book some acupuncture now...!!!
  • Just thinking the same lol !!xx
  • Congratulations Muppet see you in the August Forum xx
  • Oh, what a fantastic Christmas present. Congratulations! Gives hope to all of us LT TTCers. Woohoo!!
  • Congratulations thats fantastic news xxx
  • That's just brilliant news muppet. Congratulations to you and your fella muppet! Can I ask a stupid question, when you get accupuncture do you have to get your feet touched? I cannot bear to have my feet touched so it would be completely out of the question for me if it was necessary.

Thanks for sharing your great news.

• Hey Weegie!

Hee hee - no don't worry you don't need your feet to be touched as such.

The chap I saw stuck needles in the inside of my ankles and knees and also at the top of my shins (ouch!!). Rest of the needles went around my ovaries and bladder area.

He also stuck a load in my lower back because he said I had some inflammation there which was having a knock on effect on my 'lady bits' as he calls them (hee hee!)

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Oh Wow!!!!!! Thats brill news.

You have actually given me a bit of hope as my AF was due yesterday but didnt show. I did a HPT this morning and got a BFN but maybe I should just wait like you did.

BIG congratulations to you and MR Muppet

bm xx
  • Congrats hunny!!! well deserved image xxxxxx