Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tilted cervix

Hello ladies,

I have jumped in this forum though I was lart seen in the miscariage forum and gained a lot of support when I lost my first baby in May after 5 years of trying. Its now really hard as my baby would have been due in 2 weeks and to make matters worse, we were going through the adoption process as we have unexplained infertility.We stopped the adoption when we found out i was pregnant and then sadly lost the baby at 10.5 weeks.

Six months down the line, I am doing ok but not great. I went for my routine smear test this morning to be told i have a tilted cervix. I asked if this coud have made me miscarry. The nurse said no but said it makes it more difficult to conceive. Does anyone have any more information about this as i dont know what to do next,

thanks,

xxx

Replies

• Hiya Tec, so sorry to hear what an awful time of it you have had. Really sounds terrible. I am keeping everything crossed for you that you do fall pg again soon. It must be gppd to know it can happen at least. Have you not wanted to go down the IVF route? Sorry I can't help with the tilted cervix question but as Calire-ski says have seen quite a few posts on trying for a baby about tilted cervix's. Maybe put a post on there aswell about it?? xx
  • Hey, I am sorry for the journey you are having, I to mc'd at 6 weeks last year and the run up to my edd was worse than the mc itself. Hope you are being looked after. You may want to mark the occassion by doing something special. I went to church and lit a candle and that helped me. A friend of mine has angels in her garden for hers. Sending you a big hug anyway because you will need it.

In relation to the tilted cervix, I have no idea if I have one or not but I did read on here a while ago that someone else had one and she was told it was actually quite common. I hope you get some answers soon and good luck with the adoption. I hope you get some good news soon xx
  • thanks ladies. I am thinking of returning to the doctors after christmas to start my 3rd lot of fertility investigations. Its so hard that the 3 ladies who were pregnant with me have all had their babies in the last few weeks. I really wanted to be pregnant by my due date but i knw that kind of pressure does not make it any easier on myself. If only I had a magic wand for us all x
  • G/C just to say I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems you've had. i also have a tilted cervix/uterus - i conceived after 7 months (which i appreciate is a short time in the scheme of things) and this was the first month that we'd tried from behind. I've been told that its quite common to have a tilted cervix/uterus and that this was the best position to try and it seemed to work for us.
    take care
  • Hi Hon,

Firstly sorry for your loss, im glad you have found support on here.

I have been trying for 18 months. I have pcos, and a tilted uterus. I didnt know about the uterus until about 6 months ago when i was having a scan. (Cant believe after all the procedures i have had no one thought to mention it!)

I did a bit of research and plenty of women can fall pregnant (most do) and it usually tends to correct itself as the baby grows... however they have found that if you are in the unexplained category then it could be down to the uterus..

I did fall pregnant the 2nd month of trying, but lost baby due to ectopic. I think my probs are more realted to my PCOS, but the uterus cant help. Infact with my chunky, cyst covered overies, dodgy tubes and confused uterus, i really think mother nature was having a bad day when i was made!

I have also heard "from behind" works better, (but can be more painful for people with tilted uterus) and also i read somewhere that rather than legs up the wall, you should be the other way around lay on belly with hips raised, but to be honest i have had enough of all that now, sex on certain days, in certain ways.. contorting my body in to various bloody shapes etc I figure if some girls can get pregers drunk, after 5 mins in a night club loo.. i really shouldnt have to continue to put myself through this every month, hence i am delighted to finally take some presure off and i will be referred for IFV in Dec.

I hope that you get some answers and that you arent waiting too much longer for your much deserved BFP.

Good Luck

Gem x

• G/C coz i just wanted to say that i have a tilted cervix too and we conceived after 6mths... and like bodlondon - it was the month where we did it 'from beind' on the most fertile days xxx
  • Hiya. Just to say that I was a LTTTC for 18 months or so and have a tilted cervix. As far as I know this was not a factor in our inability to conceive (DH had bad SA). I think it can perhaps just make labour a little more prolonged.

Best of luck with getting your BFP x
  • I was told I had this during a smear test also.
    I asked the (very pregnant) nurse whether that causes any problems conceiving and she said well she had it also and hadn't had a problem.... but no she was not aware of any problems.

Like the girls have said, from behind can help apparently!

Best of luck getting your BFP and I'm so sorry to hear of you loss and difficulties, I wouldn't wish it on anyone ~ OP xx
  • Hello

Just to join in that I also have a tilted cervix/ uterus and have also heard that doing it from behind works better - my DH swears that it worked the first time I got PG before my MMC but doesn't seem to be working yet so still TTC!

Good luck x
  • hi I have been informed that I have a tilted cervix  and have been trying for over 2 years and not become pregnant once I have regular cycles each month but experience serve abdominal pain me and my partner have both been tested and seems to be ok. I am really starting to panic now and I have tried staying stress free but can't help it has anyone experience this x