Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

I've got my appt through... at last!!

Hi ladies,

After all this time i have finally received my appt for the infertility clinic. Its the 4th march, i know its only 5wks away but it still feels like ages. I'm so frightened that they might say we cant have kids, or that i'm too overweight and they turn me away.

jess xxx

Replies

• Congratulations chick i'm sure you are chuffed. If yo don't ming me asking did you have to go for a gynae before this not sure if it is just a Norn Iron thing but when my gp referred me I got a letter to go to gynae and if they approve then to infertility?
  • Hey Jess
    they won't turn you away - there is an upper BMI limit for IVF but thats about it.
    I found it really helpful to write a couple of things down if there were any questions I wanted to ask. Its really easy to forget.
    If you feel you didn't get a fair hearing there are guidelines about what tests etc should be done. The NICE homepage has them under fertility

Moon bean
    You nornally get referred to a gynaecologist they cover infertilty and other gynae things. If IVF is found to be the most suitable thing they will refer you to IVF (sometimes called assisted conception)
  • Thanks for your comments. No moonbean i got referred straight to the infertility clinic. I'm really struggling at the moment,i'm so frightened and down. i just want to be a mum! x
  • hi honey
    I know what that wait is like we had to wait about the same lengh of time for our appointment.
    try to think of the it as a step towards being a mummy, and they where so nice to us at our first appointment, was really reasurring, try not to stress to much, no point telling you not to as i know thats impossible!
    Keep us posted!
    xx