Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I feel really pants!

I have had an unshakable headache for the last three days which has been making me feel sick and this morning I woke with blocked nose sore throat earache. Grr! I hate being ill. I went to work this morning and my boss sent me home at lunch time. Don't think he wanted me to take the rest of the work force down! So I have had a lovely afternoon in my pjs and duvet watching Survivors and Silent Witness on the i-player. At least being ill is taking my mind off symptom spotting, not sure what is worse being ill or 2ww xxx

Replies

• booo to feeling poorly image

I had a similar thing over christmas so empathise!

I hope the relaxation of holiday BD is lucky for you and you get your BFP - when is test date?
    Xx
  • Don't think it will be lucky hun, I have sore boobs and mild af cramps I think she will be early and everything. I will be due cd1 monday. I am so bored with all this crap! How about you? xx
  • Come on .. no negative talking in my presence please!! Positive vibes only - both your symptoms are PG symptoms too!

Not sure where I am this cycle - I normally body temp but haven't for the last two months. Took Clomid again this month but was also on anti biotics when I took it so not sure whether that has screwed things up. Latest I have OV'd previously was CD22 so will have to see what happens in the next couple of days.

I know what you mean (from other post)- quiet on here at the mo. Absolutely fantastic that the new year has seen so many graduates though! image Will be our turn soon flower!

So have you got any particular plan of attack on the ttc journey? I am waiting for another consultant appointment - expecting to have to have a laproscopy image

xx
  • Thanks hun. Would love to be positive but I know af cramps when I have them. I think they are only mild because I have taken painkillers for my headache.

I did charting for a while but I went nuts. I was subconsciously cooking myself at night so my temp stayed up. I woke up absolutely sweltering. I found it all a bit too stressful and it proved the point so I stepped away fromthe thermometer.

Fingers crossed for you for the next couple of days though.

Plan for the journey well I guess if she does show up I should book my bloods. Can't really see the point. Just can't be bothered with any of it any more. Just feels never ending. This time last year I was so sure we would have a baby by now. Before you know it another year has flown by and still no baby or even pregnancy.

Laproscopy sounds scary. I don't like people poking me about which is crazy I know since if I ever to manage to get a sticky one I will be poked and prodded like a zoo animal if I could do it I would get pregnant and hide in a box until I had the baby and do it all on my own. No doctors no needles no hospitals.

Do you know when you are expecting your appointment? Have you had SA done yet? xx
  • gggrrr just wrote long post and lost it!!!

You know your own body honey and like me you have probably seen enough AF's to know the signs! I hope that it is a false alarm though!

You sound really down hon? I like you have been trying for a long long time!! I know exactly how you feel. Each Christmas I think it is the last I will spend with my folks as next year I will have a family of our own ... I am still waiting for that Christmas!!!

Most of my friends have at least one little one - why not us eh?

Anyway, I try not to let it get me down but obviously I have days when it does. We have to try and stay positive and find humour where possible!

Not sure re consultants appoint - it was cancelled in December so anytime I suppose. Hubby had SA and he is supersmashinggreat . The problem rests we me and my PCOS/one fallopian tube and lack of ovulation!

ABP xx
  • Bah I hate colds but love Survivors! I'm also into Glee so if you can get it on iPlayer and not seen it yet, I'm sure it'd cheer you up!

You're right it is quiet - I don't like looking at ttc because of all the quick bfps but may have to soon.

Still waiting for YOUR sock pic!x
  • Oh Honey, i totally understand where your comming from, and im prob not the best person to be giving postive advice in my current miserable state, but i know exactly where your comming from. I am so over infertility.. its shit. If this Little bean doesnt stick i will be right back where i started. Im not even sure if i would qualify for IVF anymore????

I was going to just say a couple of things that have been said 100 times, I had no symps in my 2ww, infact nothing different to any other month... whatsoever. I know it wont stop people symp spotting... but im serious, i had nothing, although a few days after bfp i did have a sore throat and felt like i was commming down with something.. ive heard its common.

Socks, thats the first time ive actually ever since you say you should/ might book your bloods... :\) You may not need a lap, and if you do its honestly not that bad, and it may take you that step closer.

Ababy please, our situations are so similar, what with the PCOS, and no ovulation and dogdy tubes! I really hope your cancelled appointment gets rearrainged for you soon. Its the waiting that makes it all so much more difficult.

Good luck to you both,

(((Hugs)))

Gem x
  • Hey socks, sorry to hear you're feeling poo sweetie. The whole thing just SUCKS. We all get these ups and downs and the only good thing about the downs is that there will be an up around the corner. Sending you big hugs sweetie xx

ps, not that I think you'll need it but you would still qualify for IVF, it's only having a baby (not being pg) that would exclude you. But no more negative thinking xx
  • ababyplease my hubby had the best SA too. He grinned from ear to ear on the way out and now refers to himself as "The Spermeister" WHAT A SADO!! You are right Christmas is the hardest time ever. You kind of feel January new year lots of time, March comes and goes and you think oh well I will at least be pregnant by the time Christmas comes and that is nearly as good and then as the months tick by you feel more and more anxious then bam Christmas is there and you feel like another year wasted.

Mrs j 36 I know what you mean about the quick bfp's in ttc. I popped in there yesterday I think because I was bored and there was someone stressing because she had her bfp month 1 and didn't know how to tell her oh. I wanted to tell her how lucky she was but didn't because I was worried I would come accross like a bitchy greeneyed monster! Yes yes sock pic, can't do it I tried!! Duh! lol!

GEM any news hun? When is your next scan booked for. I have been very worried about you xx have you asked about the ivf thing just in case, it would be good to know where you stand the less you have to worry about the better really xxx