Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Your help/advice re PCOS / TTC

2»

Replies

• hi girls. looks like i am out for yet another month, i was on 10dpo according to ff with my bbt chart, but af came this morning. my temps are up this morning 97.86 so i was hoping it was because i had got lucky, but no. i am gutted i have just sat and cried. suppose go back to bbt charts all over again. roll on 25th when i see gynae. i just want some help now, hasnt worked with just us trying on our own.
  • Hi Greenbean,

I am so sorry that you had no luck this month. Sending positive thoughts to you.

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy, went onto Metformin 3 weeks ago, and popped on to the wii board last night and I lost 2 pounds YAY! Still got a LONG way to go but it is a start.

Love and positive thoughts to you all.

xx
  • Hi em

If I were you id explain your symtoms first and then let the doctor do the talking, they hate it when people self diognose even if 9 times out of 10 we are right! So i wouldnt mention what treatment you need, let him tell you.
    See what he says and if he doesnt mention pcos tell him you know a bit about pcos and could it be a possiblitly, and please could you test me for it type thing and also ask for advise on your weight lose.
    Then hopefully he will send you for a scan and blood tests
    I hope you get some answers tomorrow honey X
  • Yay that sounds really positive Em, it's possible the scan will show up PCOS, that's what happened to me, but at least if you know that's what it is they can start to treat it and hopefully get you on the road to a BFP image xx
  • Oh Em im really pleased u got a referal, thats great news. Mine came for about 6 after my doctor appointment so hopefully it wont be too long. Lets hope you get some answers from that X
  • Emily Em, great news about the doc as it sounds really positive to me. He doesn't think you have PCOS and you're ovulating which is great news! I know it doesn't give you a full explanation about why you're not pg but it could well just be health reasons. My acupuncturist told me that your body wouldn't get pg until it was ready to cope with the strain of it all so it has to be super healthy. Definitely get going on that healthy eating (I hate the word diet!) and exercise plan - Marilyn Grenville has a great book. I have been good for the past 3 weeks now and I've lost a couple of pounds, but the best effect has been on my skin which is really starting to clear up.

Good luck and hope all goes well with your scan too. I have one next week to see how bad the cysts are and if it's one or both ovaries. DH is coming with me as I'm as nervous as hell!!

S xx
  • hi all, just read over the post i had missed, em its good that your doctor is helpful and that you are starting to get answered. i have my first gynae appointment on 25th august this tuesday my hubby is coming with me, i cant wait for it to come, but am nervous as to what to expect. my weight loss is slow to say the least but i am losing just very slowly. i have lost 19lbs now still a very very long way to go, that has took 3 months.
    after my af showed up i felt so low and down, so we went down to my moms caravan for few days in brean and i put all ttc out of my mind, well mostly and had a lovly few days with hubby and my boys. i am on cd7 now and thinking about it quite alot again, but i am more thinking about what will happen on first app. does anyone have any idea what will happen on first gynae app? janine xxx

oh and well done girls on all your weight losses