Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Am I allowed in here???

Hi All,

I don't really feel like I fit in any forum at the mo... image

We have been TTC for 5 months which I know really isn't v long, but in that time we have had one mc and I have only ov'd twice. I have since been to gp and been told I have poor follicular development and therefore poor luteal phase. I had another mc about 8 years ago, my af's were seriously all over the place before going on the pill and my twin sis has pcos (which for some reason my tests have come back clear on so far...)
In light of all this my gp has referred me to gynae earlier than normal and I have my first appt on 2nd Sept. GP thinks I need a boost to get stronger follicle development and said if it was up to her she would prescribe Clomid. Just hope that gynae agrees with her... am really worried we are going to get sent away for 6 months. Hubby has to go for a SA in the meantime which is apparently normal procedure (although as I have got pg before I am fairly sure the problem is all me!)

I don't really feel like I fit in normal TTC forum as I don't have a normal cycle. I took over 6 weeks just to get to ov last time and then only had a 10 day LP with loads of spotting and poor thermal shift (therefore gp suspects poor progesterone production) I find it hard in normal TTC forum as people either get pg really quick or at least know when they are going to ov etc. With me it's all a bit of a minefield.

Anyway, I know you guys have been ttc way longer than us so I feel bad for complaining. But at least in this forum you understand the frustration of mc, or not oving regularly and having to undergo horrible tests etc. Feel free to tell me to go away if I'm not welcome!!!

Baby dust to all. xxx

[Modified by: Baby B on 11 August 2008 08:07:11 ]

Replies

• Hi Hun

I don't think any of the girls on here would tell u to go away as we're all to nice ;\) but i think if u had come on here after only 5 months of trying with no problems we might have suggested that it really wasn't the right forum for u as, as awful as it is 5months isn't very long (don't mean to offend any1).....but i think the general consenus has been that LT-ttc is for ladies who have been ttc for around the yr mark or who are ttc with fertility problems that will enivatably delay the BFP.

So feel free to stick around there's plenty of us on here who are going through tests or have had them so should be able to offer better advice and support than those on normal ttc. xxxxxxx
  • sorry to hear you had a mc.

hopefully we can all help each other. its great this board has been set up as us girls who don't get straight forward bfp within a couple of month can share our problems and experiences which people who understand and who have had problems themself.

welcome to the forum. x
  • Hi BABY B!!
    of cause your allowed in here, we've been TTC for 5 months too which is defo long enough lol.

i think long-tern TTC is as long as you feel it is, could be 5 months or 5 years! we're all in the same boat hun.

welcome to chat anytime and good luck!