Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

A step too far ....

Hi girls,

Well I am CD20 of my 4th cycle of Clomid!! I have not been temping this month (wish I had now) and have OPK'd for last week and no sign of OV. No shoulder pain or much cervical muca either!

I have had to work away this week and my DH has gone away today for a long weekend. Therefore we wouldn't see each other for 6 days during my expected ovulation period! Argh!! We BD on Monday evening and intended to have a quicky Tuesday night before I left however I had to leave early so had to skip it image

So being the rational woman that I am (not) I sent my hubby out for a turkey baster and pot so that he could leave me a present for tonight!!! I can't believe I am admitting to this!! Bless my darling hubby off he went to Tesco's - sterilised the pot etc etc!

Thankfully for him and I, I was able to get back this afternoon before he left and managed to get a quicky in! imageops: Hubby didn't even take his shoes or jeans off!!! :lol:

This TTC malarky is turning me into a psycho! What am I thinking of ...a turkey baster?! image

Anyway, I am hoping that I OV tomorrow (SMEP theory) )or if not Sunday when hubby is back and I can jump him again image

What lengths have you gone to (or thought of) in an attempt to get your BFP?!! Or am I the only nutter?

xxx

Replies

• Oh dear! On another point, turkey baster might be the best plan if hubbie is still wearing his jeans when you are bding it is no wonder you are stuck in here :lol: I cannot join you in your nuttiness unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, because we have not done anything that unusual! Thanks for giving me a laugh!!! xx hope you get it this month you deserve it even more after that xx
  • :lol: Good point socks! Lets just say the jeans stayed around the ankles!!!

Glad I raised a smile! Been chuckling to myself too!

• Oh ok! Just checking you understand how this ttc lark works :lol: I recon we are the only ones in here tonight, all a bit lonely! It is all those lucky graduates deserting us! xx
  • For future reference you'd be better with a syringe than a turkey baster as semen will get left in the baster!!!
    My method of ttc is via syringe and donor sperm so I think OH with jeans round ankles is quite conventional!LOL!!!
    H.xxx
  • Hi H,

Ha ha thank you for the advice! I hope my post did not offend you.

Sorry to be inquisitive but how long does sperm survive after ejaculation? DH and I were having a debate and we were not sure?

ABP xx

• Oh no, you didn't offend me. Its supposed to last 90-120 minutes I think but the sooner its in you the better from what I have read. I think the more contact it has with air etc the quicker the sperm start to decay.
    HTH.
    Helen.xxx
  • Oh hun

Im sorry but that did make me giggle & was just what I needed!!

You & Helen have got me thinking now though!! I do have a syringe (the one's you use for kids medicine) may have to consider this if oh is away when I ov!!!

We havent quite done anything as extreme but have had plenty of quickies whilst time has been scarse either we've had plans to go out or he has had to go out (we always end up being late LOL)

You have to laugh though ttc is far from romantic!!

Like socks says you deserve a BFP for all that effort & quick thinking!! x
  • Haha...Your post made me chuckle too. I even read it out to hubby, I think mainly to prove that it's not just me that's slightly bonkers over this TTC lark! lol xx