Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

some silly questions!

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me asking some silly, silly questions,but they're the kind of thing that go through my head when I can't sleep at night and think of all the reasons why we can't seem to make a baby. firstly, my husband is a badly controlled diabetic and we've thought about whether his yo yo blood sugars would affect his sperm production-but we have conceived once before he was diagnosed, although this ended in mc. Secondly, he has a mild phimosis ?sp? and -sorry to be detailed!-and sometimes the semen just come straight out of me. But it always seems such a challenge for them to get anywhere, let alone as far as they should. Then there's me, I'm probably about 3 stone overweight and have always had this niggling feeling that I won't b able to have children. If I don't have the determination to lose weight, do I really deserve a baby? Sorry for the rant, but I'd appreciate some honest answers! WM X X

Replies

• Hi WM,

They're not silly questions at all. Firstly I don't think there is such a thing as deserving a baby or not. Of course you deserve a baby so don't for a second think that you don't.

Since I got married I have put on a bit of weight but still have a healthy BMI. But as we were sat in the waiting room of the fertility clinic I just decided there and then that the only thing that I was going to eat were going to be good things, no no junk. I have stuck to it as I really think i'd kick myself for goingthrough all of this and my body wasn't the healthiest it could be.

Perhaps you and hubby could start a healthy eating plan together? I've found that focussing on being healthy rather than weight loss has really helped x x x
  • Hi image

No these questions aren't silly, I have thought of them my self and I kept wondering. I too had that niggling feeling of not having a baby. I went private and kept asking the Dr. At that time he just did internal scans and saw that I had follies and was ovulating and had regular periods. He told me not to worry.

After 8 months of TTC I got more stressed and scared. We then found out that my DH had problems, he has no sperm count.

All I can say, that luckily u did fall pregnant so that means hopefully you can do it again. You should see if you r ovulating (either by OPK / temping / regular periods / blood tests by Dr).
    Other than that DH may have sperm issues like low count.

Good Luck image
  • Thanks for the messages of support. There are so many success stories on here-must give us some hope! But I don't want to wait, I want to see what our baby will look like and choose its name, change my life . . . . Good luck and baby dust to all x x x