Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could this be pcos? Help!

Hello all,

I'm starting to think that LTTTC might be the place for me. I've been ttc for 18 months now, and have had 2 miscarriages in that time (in August at 10 weeks, and in November a chemical pregnancy) conceiving doesn't seem to be an enormous problem, keeping a baby on the other hand does. I'm 23 and hubby is 29. He has had an SA and has 'super sperm' - so I think it's me with the issues.

I think I might have pcos. How can I have this investigated? Until my first mc, my cycles were quite irregular, ranging from 28-42 days but usually somewhere in the middle. They were regularly 32 days after that, until last month when it was about 35, and now this month.

I'm currently on about cd43. I think I ovulated on Feburary 7th, didn't do an opk though, I'm going on the ewcm and soft cervix. I can usually tell without opks. However, there's no sign of af, no positive pregnancy test (have done a lot of frer tests!), and I think I'm 21 dpo! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to confuse things further, I did a cbd opk this morning and got a smiley face! I don't think it's wrong because I have a lot of ewcm. I looked at the instructions and it said that pcos could cause a misleading result. This, coupled with my weight and the irregular periods makes me think thhat it could be pcos.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I am SO confused.

Help!

Becky x x x

ps. Isn't it ridiculous how open people are on these forums? I'm broadcasting about my cm over the internet. Ohhhhh dear.

Replies

• Hi beccaroo,

I always suffered with irregular AF's ranging from 2 months to 6 months between each one. I had a MC around 14 months ago and have no AF since that. Being concerned I went to the doctors and had a number of tests including a scan which showed up cysts on my ovaries and I was then diagnosed with PCOS. If you have concerns maybe it would be best to go to the doctors and see if they can run tests to either confirm it or rule it out.

Good luck! xx
  • Thanks for your reply, emily. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Do you think the docs will be negative about me because of my weight? My bmi is 35. Arghhhh.

According to the NHS website:
    ???????If you have PCOS and your BMI is over 30, you be will particularly difficult to treat.
    ???????If you have PCOS and your BMI is over 35, you are seriously at risk of medical problems.

Would they bother trying to treat me?

Can you be ovulating without a/f? I've had ov symptoms twice this month, 20 days apart.... is it possible that I've ovulated twice?

I am so confused and fed up with this! Here's hoping both our bodies sort themselves out soon x
  • Well when they diagnosed me they said it was unusual for me to have PCOS as I was not overweight so they understand that most women suffereing with it are. They will probably suggest losing weight before medical treatment but its one step closer to a solution and a BFP. I was told that I dont ovulate as im not having any AF and im unsire if you could ovualte twice without having and AF. Hope you manage to get some answers. xxx
  • Hey beccaroo,

I was just tested on monday for PCOS.. as far as the doctor told me you have trouble concieving and normally carry fine... And you have trouble because the man hormone is high and the female hormone is low..

Not sure if thats right but thats what i was told.

Karina xx