Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

TTC, PCOS, anyone tried letrozole?

Replies

• Hi there, not on Letrozole but on 3rd round clomid. currently CD9 and started BDing every other day right after AF was over. This time will use pre-seed nearer to ovalution window.
    What symptoms are you having? is this your first round of letrozole?
  • hi @Kiaraj I had lots of hot flushes, dizziness and just generally feeling spaced out. It was my first time using Letrozole. Im due AF on Thursday and currently BFN so not high hopes that it worked. If we do letrozole again hopefully the symptoms wont be as bad. 
  • Hey!!
    I’m 11 days post period, booked in for day 21 bloods on 5th aug, I find letrozole ok but it gives me headaches on the days that I take it xx
  • Last night I had clear stretchy discharge, done a opk test and it showed a faint 2nd line same as yesterday. I’m due to ovulate in 3 days or so.
  • hi @Kazam2817 how are you doing hun? does your blood work arrived?
  • Hi @KiaraJ I am ok thanks, just waiting on them phoning me with results. They didn't seem overlay optimistic though since I am still getting BFN's but time will tell. Am already mentally prepared to just start taking the drugs and trying again in August but will still be disappointed when I get the confirmation xx
  • Hi @Kazam2817 what is the next steps for you?
  • Hi @KiaraJ I am still waiting for AF to show and then I go back to taking letrozole and then we start again with assited IUI for this round. Hopefully things go better this time.

How are you doing? 
    x
  • Hi @KiaraJ I am still waiting for AF to show and then I go back to taking letrozole and then we start again with assited IUI for this round. Hopefully things go better this time.

How are you doing? 
    x
  • I am hopeful this will work for you this cycle.

i am now on CD17 so OV day for me. i am not testing ov this cycle but BDing every other day from start of this cycle after AF and now everyday near my ovalution date. only changes which is made is taking metformin thrice a day and using pre-seed this time.
  • @KiaraJ good luck am keeping fx for you today. Af finally showed for me today which is good because now we can start IUI again. I am starting letrozole again tomorrow for 5 days and then I go back to the clinic on Wednesday for bloods and a scan and hopefully all is ok and i can go ahead with the IUI either next Thursday or Friday. Then will be the dreaded TWW again but I get less obsessive each time so heres hoping this time works for us :) x
  • I really wish this cycle works for you . Spreading baby dust :)
  • KiaraJ said:
    I really wish this cycle works for you . Spreading baby dust :)
    Thanks hunni, am looking forward to seeing your BFP soon too :) 
  • Hi sorry to jump on. I’m from Glasgow too.. did provera and letrozole in July. Got my 21day bloods done today and tested negative for ovulation 😢 so to go back to clinic next week for 28day bloods .. I’m gutted .. and if next week it’s negative then I will start 5mg letrozole. How r use doing? 
  • @Clarab247 hi, I ovulated last month on my 1st round of letrozole which was 60.3 but this time I never, don’t know what’s going on there 😏 
  • @Kazam2817 Hi dear how are you doing? what's is happening for you this cycle? i hope you get your BFP this cycle.

Annoyingly i will be having a long cycle this month. i ovulated late on CD26 and got my solid smiley at CD26 and CD27 so today at 1-2dpo. Earlier my AF was due at 15 but now i think AF is due on 23rd aug. Does long cycle means no pregnancy? Do you have any idea about long cycles.
  • Hi @Clarab247 Where are you getting treatment in Glasgow? We are with a private clinic. How are you feeling now? I hope you ovulate this month. 

@Kiaraj Thank you very much mrs, I hope you get yours too. I have to give myself another shot on Friday but other than that it is the lovely waiting game. No matter how many times i do this it never gets any easier. 

I don't think long cycles mean no pregnancy. I think its the opposite. They are more concerned when you have a short luteal phase as it doesnt give as much time for a fertilised egg to embed. xxxx
  • Hey.. I attend Glasgow royal assist unit . Have been going since December 2018. Well looks like I need to start letrozole at higher dose this Month. To go back Thursday and see if any sign of ovulation and if not more provera and letrozole at 5mg this time. Hopefully that works xx
  • thats interesting. We are getting treatment at GCRM
    and I was started on 5mg letrozole in the first instance, 1 tablet in morning and 2 at night for 5 days.

this is our 2nd month and am grateful
    that I have ovulated both months. Last month obviously the IUI didn’t work but keeping 🤞🏻 For this month. 

Let me know now how you get on with it. Have everything crossed for you xxx
  • I had been trying 2 years before I got referred to the GRI. I’m hoping the higher dose of letrozole helps. I haven’t had trigger shot. Will see what results of the bloods are on Thursday and go from there. She has Ben booked in for January to start IVF if I haven’t got pregnant before then. Did u have to take anything to bring on a period? I don’t get periods at all, so I took provera first . So will need to do that again I think x