Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

TTC, PCOS, anyone tried letrozole?

Replies

• No, I am quite lucky in that I still get a period every month (its horrendous though 7 - 8 days long and at least 5 days heavy) so I just started taking the letrozole. I take it 5 days and then go back a couple of days later for bloods and scan (when I went this time the follicles were still too small and my lining was too thin so i had to go back again a couple of days after that and my follicle was great size and womb lining was good. That night i did my HCG shot and then went back the next day for insemination. This friday I have to give myself a smaller HCG shot and then i am back at the clinic on the 26th for bloodwork to see if it worked. 

Keeping fx the higher dose works for you xxx
  • Aw thanks .. I’ve read so many positive stories with 5mg letrozole so here’s hoping . X
  • i wish my fertility clinic put me on letrozole. here i am waiting from last three cycle on clomid 50 mg. if not worked this cycle have to go through hyfosy scan. Don't even know what will be my next step.
  • KiaraJ said:
    i wish my fertility clinic put me on letrozole. here i am waiting from last three cycle on clomid 50 mg. if not worked this cycle have to go through hyfosy scan. Don't even know what will be my next step.
    Can I ask why they didn’t do all your fertility checks first? Before I started doing anything I had to get all my blood work done and my hycosy test first to make sure there were no problems with my fertility. It’s a bit strange to me that they would start you on treatment without testing everything first??? Am just curious if they said why that was xxx
  • I had all the tests first too.. they wouldn’t start me until I had hycosy etc done xx
  • Hello ladies, how are everyone doing today? what dpo is everyone in.

6 or 7 dpo and having a tough day today seems i am having my AF symptoms. My AF has been coming on CD32 without failed since i started clomid. But this cycle i saw my ovulation on CD25, 26 so having a longer cycle.
    Ovia app showing 5 days to go for Pregnancy test which will be CD37 and my calculation says AF due on CD40 . So really confused as from where my AF symptoms are coming from. Cramp, backache, stuffy nose and cold(addition).
  • Hi @kiaraj i am good ty currently 5dpo and trying to not symptom spot. Am sorry you're having such a hard time with your cycles. All of those thing could be implantation etc too which is why we have to wait until AF shows to be sure.

Try keep positive hunni, its all we really can do. I know the thought of it not working is disheartening but if you are pregnant you don't want all that negative energy around your wee cells as they try and implant and make a nice home for the  next 9 months xxxx
  • Well I was at clinic today... so haven’t ovulated this cycle so I have to wait until day 42 and if period hasn’t came( which I know it won’t without provera😡) and give them a call to get more hormone bloods then get 5mg letrozole and provera again.. xx
  • Kazam2817 said:
    KiaraJ said:
    i wish my fertility clinic put me on letrozole. here i am waiting from last three cycle on clomid 50 mg. if not worked this cycle have to go through hyfosy scan. Don't even know what will be my next step.
    Can I ask why they didn’t do all your fertility checks first? Before I started doing anything I had to get all my blood work done and my hycosy test first to make sure there were no problems with my fertility. It’s a bit strange to me that they would start you on treatment without testing everything first??? Am just curious if they said why that was xxx
    i think it's because all intial steps before ivf or IUI are free of cost. So first 3 months on clomid they don't test anything other than 1st cycle monitoring. things which i went through were baseline vaginal ultrasound-1st clomid-vaginal ultrasound-day 27 progesterone test. i did ask them why you don't check tube first then she replied that if didnt had any infection or accident to pelvic area then it's not needed. i know a foolish answer but i am sure they were saving money.
  • @Clarab247 sorry to hear that, i wish you all the best for your new cycle. Did you went through Tubal check?
  • @Clarab247 I attend GRI for my treatment too
  • Yes Iv had my tubes checked.  Xx
  • How did you get on
  • Clarab247 said:
    Well I was at clinic today... so haven’t ovulated this cycle so I have to wait until day 42 and if period hasn’t came( which I know it won’t without provera😡) and give them a call to get more hormone bloods then get 5mg letrozole and provera again.. xx
    Am sorry hunni, that's so frustrating. I hope the increase in your letrozole meds help next cycle.

@kiaraj i think you're right it's probably a money saving thing but that is rubbish. I hope things go well this cycle and we see some BFP's soon :) 
  • Yeh my tubes are all fine.. it’s just the waiting . They could have easily gave me the provera yesterday to start 😡xx
  • Do you really need paracetamol before tube check?
  • I didn’t take anything and I wish I had. It was extremely sore , but my uterus was really far back so my procedure took over 40mins xx
  • I didn't take anything and I didn't find it painful. The worst part for me was the speculum. I got a little bit of cramping after it but I was ok, guess we are all different :)  
  • if i didnt get BFP then tubal check is my next resort thinking should i work from home or take a sick leave.
  • KiaraJ said:
    if i didnt get BFP then tubal check is my next resort thinking should i work from home or take a sick leave.
    Its really hard to say because I just went like a normal doctor appointment so my test was at 9:30 and I just went into work after that. But like I said I didn't find it bad whereas it sounds like @Clarab247 had it worse than me. There would be no way to tell how you would be until you get it, sorry that's not more helpful xxx