Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC, PCOS, anyone tried letrozole?

Replies

• 3rd round didn't worked for me. Got AF on 24th but still due to my long weekend trip to lake district my experience was little less devastated. Now i booked the tubal check appointment on 11sept i think things will be more clear then. Just feeling sorry for DH now. No sex for him till tubal check  ;)
  • I start my provera today then 5mg letrozole, this is my second round so fingers crossed this cycle works xx
  • Hi ladies. This is first time i m writing.  I m on ttc since January for my 2nd i have 2 year old girl. Since her birth i didn't get my periods back i ask my gp and she said is it because of you are breastfeeding.  So we decided to have 2nd baby. But in june i got my period and after that i didn't ovulate as the gp took my blood test on day 21 she said there is no progesterone level means no ovulation. 
    Now i went to ob doctor and she put me on letrozole 2.5mg first i take primolut N for 5 days . Yesterday was my last day of primolut n so hopefully got bleed in couple of days. I was so scared before but After reading all your experience now i am bit relaxed.  I don't know how letrozole will work for me . Fingers crossed.  Keep going this thread because its so informative 
  • I’m starting 5mg letrozole this month . I need to take provera to bring on a bleed first . But I didn’t have any side effects from letrozole xx
  • I am do sorry @KiaraJ I was really hoping one of us would be successful this month. Keep me updated on your tube test. I tested negative today so am pretty sure there is no pregnancy anymore. I have to go to clinic tomorrow morning for blood work confirmation but looks like we will be starting out 4th round of IUI, 3rd with fertility drugs xx
  • Aw really sorry to hear that.. I was at clinic today for bloods to check hormones before I start my 2nd round of provera and letrozole, they called me at 8pm tonight saying I have ovulated but it’s been really late.. my levels were over 22. (No idea what that means) if u could shed some light for me.. hopefully ur bloods tomoro are positive, will pray and send positive thoughts to u xx
  • I’m Day 42, no period so they said Iv to wait 7-10 days, and see if period comes. If it doesn’t then Iv to do pregnancy test .. xx
  • @Clarab247 am sorry but I have no idea what over 22 means but I am keeping my fx crossed for you this month. Will update how my bloods go tomorrow xxxx
  • I’m Day 42, no period so they said Iv to wait 7-10 days, and see if period comes. If it doesn’t then Iv to do pregnancy test .. xx
  • The said my progesterone levels were over 22 so that’s why they know Iv ovulated xx
  • Hi @Kazam2817 yes i was very hopeful for this months. But i don't know i may have reached saturation of seeing things falling apart near me. Right now nothing is working for me so i am just taking a back seat and wait for things to fall on place. I am also bit horrified of tubal check and have feelings like it will be painful or i may get to know that my tubes are blocked or may be don't have tube( can it happen?). Because while DTD i was getting most of the sperm spilling out from me. So maybe that's one of the reason i can't conceive or have blocked tube.
    So really blank right now. But i have planned another holiday in November. As office is also feeling crap. Actually it was always like this in office as i found my manager very cranky and disturbing and of negative attitude. But due to baby planning i thought i should stay at this place but now i am thinking i should not wait for baby , i should make my way for my advance career.
  • @KiaraJ am sorry you’re going through all of these issues. I finally have started bleeding although it’s very light at the moment. I am due to start my 3rd round of letrozole and IUI so hopefully it works this time 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Here’s hoping we get our BFP’s this month xxx
  • yes, i too wish this new round will work for both of us. August was a long tiring month. I hope we will get our peace of mind in September.

i was just wondering what will be my next step whether after tubal test they will give me clomid again or put me in letrozole.
  • @KiaraJ I hope everything goes well with your hycosy test and please try not to worry too much about it, it’s not too bad.

keep me updated on your progress I really hope all goes well with you August was defo a very up and down emotional month. I will NOT be testing early this time xxxxxxx
  • Hi ladies ... looking for some advice. So I tested positive for ovulation on 27th August when I got my bloods done .. when do u think I should take pregnancy test?? Iv had very light cramping on one side today. Not sure what that is. Xx
  • I am starting my first round of Letrozole (2.5) today. We chose to go for timed intercourse, since my husband is okay on his end ;)  I recently found out I had PCOS and I would have never known this because my cycles are pretty regular (give or take a day). I am taking my Metformin (1000) and prenatal vitamins with folic acid along with it (oh and vitamin D because of a deficiency) Reading you guys stories and helpful and comforting. I wish you all the best. 
  • Clarab247 said:
    Hi ladies ... looking for some advice. So I tested positive for ovulation on 27th August when I got my bloods done .. when do u think I should take pregnancy test?? Iv had very light cramping on one side today. Not sure what that is. Xx
    Hi @clarab247 I genuinely wouldn’t test until at least two weeks later if you could hold off from it. Keeping fx that it goes well xxxx
  • Hi @Kazam2817 how things going for you hun?
    i am still waiting to start BD, which is going to happen after 11th sept. So CD 12 for me.
  • Hi @KiaraJ things are going well for me. I have the clinic again tomorrow morning and hopefuly the letrozole has worked again and I have good sized follicles so we can do the IUI on Saturday. I will then be in the dreaded TWW again and hopefully it works and this wee buibba sticks around this time. How are you feeling? xx
  • How is everyone doing? I was at clinic today getting more letrozole they gave me a 4 months supply, which takes me to early January and they have gave me an appt to see the consultant if pregnancy doesn’t happen, they say that I’m ovulating so it’s just a case of the timing being right, it’s such a long process, I’m currently on day 22 of my cycle.