Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid and CBFM

Hi Girls. Thought it was about time i moved from TTC to here after trying for so long. Wondering if any of you are using CBFM and clomid together? I have for past two months and it worked fine. Got my peaks early, around CD11/12. This month i'm still using clomid but still showing lows on CD10. Do you think it has not worked for me this month? I definitely ov'd last two months s blood test confirmed it. I had a reading of 155 last month. Have any of you ov'd lateish in your cycle when using clomid? I'm stressing and know that this will probably delay it further but this is my last month of clomid and i have attached all my hopes to it this month. Thanks girls. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Katie10 and welcome to LTTTC. Sorry you've had to get to this point though.

I'm sorry but I can't help you with your question. I'm not on Clomid but I do have a CBFM. TO be honest, I'm trying not to use for the next few cycles because I think it has been stressing me out too much on a day by day basis. I have heard that you are not supposed to use them with Clomid/PCOS though although someone else on here should be able to give you more info on that (or correct me if I'm wrong!).

Good luck for this month; just keep bding around now and for the next week (if you have regular cycles or longer if not) and if you do OV then hopefully you should stand a chance of catching it.

xxx
  • Options
    Hey katie, welcome to LTTTC (although sorry you have ended up here as well). I also cannot be too much help as I haven't taken clomid. I agree with MrsH though that I have heard they can be inaccurate with PCOS and clomid, although I also know others have used them with clomid. I also agree they can be very stressful and put even more pressure on to bd and cause concerns when the peak doesn;t arrive. I hope you don't have a next month, bit maybe if you do it would be worth considering ditching the CBFM, even if just for one month, and just bd'ing every other day or so. Take care xx
  • Options
    hi Katie, I responded yesterday but it appears that BE ate my reply.

I am too on Clomid and a CBFM user. Last months I went straight to a peak on day 16 and this month I had a high on day 14 (yesterday) and this morning I got another high - feeling like this is in tune with my body as I have mild pains.

good luck x

I was oving much later before the Lap and Hysc so can't comment on whether it is later with Clomid.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies girls. I really appreciate all the support on this site. Hoping we are not here for long though and we all get our BFP's very very soon. I did try not using my CBFM my first month of clomid and i was worse because i felt i had no control of anything. I got my first high yesterday on CD11 and another today CD12. Hoping that my peak is not far off. The line on the left is definitely getting lighter and i can see one appearing on the right. Not stressing as much as i was but still pining my hopes on this month. Trying Zestica for the first time so hoping this will also help, although not using every day.

I'm not far behind you gerbera. Do you have a testing date?

xxx
  • Options
    I will be testing on saturday 10th if nothing before then. I got a peak today CD16 so same as last month.......will have to get BDing tonight and tomorrow. I really hope it works this month!

good luck x
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this site but thought my experience would help you all....

Hubby and I had been TTC for a year, went to the Dr's, got referrred for tests and it transpired that I was not ovulating and had polycystic ovaries.

Prior to this we had been using the CBFM and some months it gave me a peak and others it didn't. My cycle was all over the place.

Anyway, after seeing the consultant I started taking Clomid, first month 50mg didn't work. Second month on 100mg I ovulated but we didn't conceive. Third month on 100mg - it worked!! I am now 5 1/2 weeks pregnant!! We are both over the moon - but I wanted to share what we did differently this month -

- STOPPED using the CBFM. My opinion it messes with your head if you have irregular periods/ hormone imbalances. It also made me get anxious if we where not baby dancing "round the right time."
    - Went to acupuncture for two sessions.
    - Took evening primrose oil between days 1 - 14 so my mucus wouldn't be hostile
    - Took some super dupper natural fertility tablets from the health shop.
    - Baby danced every other day between days 8 - 20.
    - Did exercise, found time to relax
    - Cut out caffeine (decaf tea really doesn't taste different!)

REading through this it sounds like I made alot of sacrifices, but I don't think so if it gets what you really want - a little baby!

Lots of baby dust to you all - I am living proof that I can happen!! xoxxx
  • Options
    Hi, I just thought I'd share my experience of Clomid. When I was seen by the fertility nurse, she said that I'd have six cycles worth. But, and here's the interesting thing, that's six cycles of ovulation - not six month's worth.

Like catgirl I also cut out caffeine, did regular exercise and ate healthily but I didn't chart anything (never did in 2 years of trying as I'm too irregular) and just bd every 2-3 days from 8-20 ish.

I am one of the lucky ones and managed to conceive my 9+0 having had only 3 AF in two years, all of them induced by drugs, and a simply ashtonishing amount of investigation (as I don't have PCOS but don't ovulate either).

My fertility nurse really put things in perspective for me when, in my initial appointment, she told be that she'd tried for 13 years (no, that's not a typo!) before being blessed with her daughter. I mention this not to depress you, but to highlight that there's always hope.