Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid Buddies

How are you all doing??

I start my round 2 tomorrow. I am excited image

My first round last month went well, just headaches, and one emotional day where i bit my hubby's head off for putting crumbs in the sink! (I lost it big time, haha)

I am a bit worried about the side effects being on a higher dose, but if it gets me my BFP, i'd do anything!

So many BFP's so far on LTTTC, here's hoping us Clomid girls will be next!!!

Hope you are all well

xxxxx

Replies

• Hi Tiny T

Just a quick question, when are you taking the Clomid, are you taking them in the morning or at night?
    How are you Hun?xxxxxx
  • Hi PrincessStar

I took my 1st round when i got home from work as i started on a Sunday after the nurse called to say it was fine to do so, so i carried on from the same time.

Think i'll take them morning time this round - not that it will make any difference.... will it?

I am fine sweetie, how are you?? I have felt a bit low these past few days, im really frustrated with the slowness of everything, but feeling a bit more positive today knowing i start again tomorrow.

What's new with you xxxxxx
  • Well ive had a rough week, if you read my post " dreams in tatters" you will understand why.
    If i mange to sort things out tonight i will be joining you starting my Clomid tomorrow too!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi PrincessStar, i did read your post the other day, and i completely forgot about it (i usually have a quick sneek peek at work) so i do apologise. How are things going with your oh? You are such a strong girl to go through all what you have on your own, your oh doesn't know how lucky he is to have a lovely caring woman like you in his life! I really hope you can both sort things out, and i hope one day (really soon) he realises how important this is to you. You shouldn't carry the burden of this journey on your own, thank god for BE hey! I'd be lost without all you girls for support. My hubby is really supportive but he bugs me as he is sooooo laid back it's not normal, where as i am so stressed and always rushing about. I have no patience what so ever either, so these past 3+ years have been a nightmare for me.

I REALLY hope you get it sorted out tonight and you can start clomid too - we could go through this round together and symptom spot with each other, haha!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Well fingers crossed hun i wil be your Clomid buddy tomorrow! xxx
  • Definately, keep me posted sweetie xxxx
  • Hi Sparkly, they do say you can ov late on in clomid, so maybe you will later? I know i had a few flutters down there early on, but on day 20 i was in agony, my boobs and my side (right ov area) were killing me, so i am hoping it is working for me. I have my bloods tomorrow, so i will find out later tomorrow afternoon if i ov or not. If not i can start my 100mg straight away, so that is good.

I won't be surprised if i didn't, but at the same time, but for all that aches and pains - surely something is happening as i never experience them usually.

Are you on 50mg or 100mg? I hope it works for you!!!!! Keep positive. It's driving me insane as i keep telling myself that, but if i dont i will be sad, and i don't want to be, i need to keep going!!!

xxx
  • Sanguine, you are more than welcome sweetie!!!

Well, i don't have the pleasure of seeing AF, so i was just given the clomid and told to start straight away. I presume i will be told the same tomorrow as she hasn't made an appearance since i took my tablets, and i am now on day 32 from day 1 of taking them. I have had 1 folicle scan, that was on day 12, it showed a 'potential egg', but it was small and measured just over 8mm. The lovely nurse said it would more than likely grow. So i had bloods on day 18 & 25 they were negative, and i will get more tomorrow, and started on 100mg. It's a slow process and all these blood tests are so frustrating as i hate needles, but needs must. I am unsure if i will get more folicle scans, but hopefully i will when my dose is upped.

How are you finding the clomid journey?

Thanks for the advice about taking clomid at nights - that makes sense thinking about it, i will probably do that at night time as my headaches were quite bad, but to be honest i get headaches quite alot dur to the lighting in my office!

Good luck for this month!!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you xxx
  • Just a quick question, i got AF yesterday in the afternoon but real bleeding didnt realy start until late last nite, so would you class today as CD1???
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  • I never really have periods, so i can't advise, but i would have thought today would have been CD2? BUT, im probably wrong as i don't have much experience with the dreaded af. :roll:

xxxxx
  • Hey there ladies..

can i join you??

I will be taking my 1st round of clomid next week.. when AF arrived. I had an appointment yesterday to go over everything and get the tablets!

Thing is... i already OV!! ... so not sure if this will even make any difference to me!

I read sumwhere that its best to take the tablets at night... but thats only so the side effects (if any) are minimised... but apart from that it doesnt matter when u take them.

Oh and ive to go for follicle tacking between CD10 and 14.... how was that for you ladies who have already had it??

xx
  • Hi Cupcake, i hade Folicle tracking too, it's fine. A bit uncomfortable - but just breathe, it eased it for me.

Glad to have you join us, the more the merrier!!! xxx
  • Hi ladies,
    Can I join you too???

I am sooo excited about getting started on my Clomid. It just feels great to be doing something instead of sitting around waiting for af for almost a year!!

Cupcake, I will (hopefully) be your buddy. I have been known to OV - I fell pg within 4 cycles of coming off the pill last Autumn (2008) but haven't had ov/af since feb due to PCOS. I am hopeful that my Clomid dose may trick my body into working again!

At the moment I am taking Provera to induce a bleed. I'm on day 8 of a 10 day prescription and af should be here next week sometime.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!!!
    xxxx
  • Thank you ladies... for reassuring me regarding the internal scan... i think whats putting me off even more is... the lady who is doing it .. is a complete witch!!!! Arghhhh
    and also i found the HSG very painful! image

I OV every cycle and have a very regular cycle.. we have fallen into the dreaded unexplained category!! grrrr which is rubbish!

xx
  • Hiya ladies! Can i join in to? I'm on CD8 for a new 3 month course of clomid and got an appt for follicle tracking on fri (cupcake- it's not too bad, don't be alarmed by the size of the internal camera i think my face was a picture when i first saw it the nurse had to reassure me that it wasn't all going in!!!!!)

Anyway, i know that clomid made me ovulate before (50mg) as i have already had a 6 month try with it but with no tracking. I have already been taught how to inject myself if it looks like my follicle won't release that egg.

So full steam ahead for a rush of Clomid BFP's!!!!!

Wishing all you lovely ladies the best of luck xxxx
  • Cupcake, just relax at the scan. I hate all those kind of things and i was dreading it so bad, but the 2nd time wasn't as bad as the first. Just relax and breathe! The good thing about the scan is you get to see what's going on in there, which helps, otherwise it's just a guessing game isn't it. Im beyond dreading the HSG (i'll have to get it if the clomid doesn't work!)

Mrs DAO, i hope clomid regulates your cycles too. The first round hasn't helped me yet, i am currently on CD166 :cry: and i only had a period due to an induced one via Provera. I hope at the very least it regulates mine too.

Evie, hope it all goes well for you too, at least you know it makes you ov, that's a very good start!

Oh well, i shall see what tomorrow brings, and hopefully all goes to plan, and i will get started on the 100mg.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• I had to get the HSG first! image...... was well worth it tho... jus for the peace of mind.

Its great that there are so many of us here going thru this together!....

xx
  • It's funny how different hospitals do things differently isn't it. I thought i would have to get the HSG 1st, but nope, clomid first. Don't know how many months i will get a shot at, but if i have to get the HSG, then so be it. Dreading it though.

Don't know where id be without the support on here as i was clueless at the start of my journey!

xxx
  • PrincessStar - how'd it go last night? Are you going to start the Clomid today?

Thinking of you xxxx
  • Morning Tiny T

Thankyou for thinking of me. Did you have your fingers crossed for me last nite?????????

If you did it worked!!!!!!!!!!

OH & i had a realy good talk about why he had suddenly come to this decision & as i expected its due to fear. fear of MC & fear of how things will change if i get a sticky BFP. He is just enjoying his life after almost 10 years of not being able too, ( due to ex partner being very demanding ), & i think he fears he will have to give it all up again if we have a baby.
    Anyway, we have agreed to try this cycle but if it doesnt work we will leave it until march/april to try again. This is just due to alot going on in the next few months, its going to be pretty hectic!

So Tiny T Iam your offical Clomid buddy this month!!

So Supersticky BabyDust to us both!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX