Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid - Advice please

Hi we have been ttc for 2 qnd a half years now. All the tests are completed and we have unexplained fertility - which is just another way of saying they dont actually know what is wrong!!!

Doctor has given me 3 months of clomid to try - I have very irregualr cycles. I dont know whether to just make the fertility appointment and get opn with it or give the vlomid, without monitoring a go.

Any advice or experience? x

Replies

• Options
    I am on clomid for PCOS - I don't ovulate - so don't have periods.

I thought they usually gave metaformin for irregular cycles - but maybe your doc is thinking something else. You could always go to a private gynae for a second oppionion - cost about ??150 for a first consulation.

Hope this helps a little - I'm just about to start my fourth month on clomid - so any questions feel free to ask!

XXXX
  • Options
    Just a cpuple of questions...what dose are you on? and are you being tracked at all by the hospital/doctor? or are you charting temps etc to check if it is making you ovulate?
  • Options
    Well I'm going to start 150mg this month, I have had month one at 50mg - no ov. So did 100mg - ov'd but BFN, then month three 100mg - no ov! So waiting for af or day 42 to come round so I can start next set.

I have my bloods done on day 21 and 28 - to see if I ov. My GP does those (well the nurse at the GP) but other than that I am with a private gynae.

I haven't been tracking to see when I ovulate - I generally just make sure I bd every other day from day 8 to day 22. But I generally know my body to know when it's happening.

Hope this helps - any more questions feel free to ask hun.

XXXXXXXXXXXX