Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

a very nervous hello

hi ladies, my name is stacey. i used to be on here about 3 years ago but stopped due to becoming obsessed with the site lol. but im back again as we srill havent got anywhere and i need some support.

our situation is my OH has low sperm count, he is 24 and im 22, we found out there was a problem about 4 years ago. we were refered for ICSI/IVF but were refused because of my age. i was told that i had to be 23 to start the treatment. i am now 22 and wil lbe 23 in feb so not tooo long now xx

id love to hear about all of your situations and how you cope with long term TTC.
LOVE STACEY XX

Replies

• Hi stacey and welcome.

I didn't know there was a minimum age for ivf. That is awful as it makes no difference that you're young, if you're going to have problems ttc doesn't matter what your age is.

I've been ttc for 12 months. I fell pregnant on 2nd cycle but it was ectopic. I had a 3 month rest and there has been nothing since. We have had our 1st appointment at the fertility clinic and are having our tests done in time for next appointment in september.

I don't know how I cope, I think taking it a day at a tiime helps and these ladies are wonderful x x x
  • Hi Stacey

I know what you mean about becoming obsessed!

I think it's terrible that there is a minimum age for ivf, if it was unexplained infertility you could understand as maybe, a big maybe you may conceive naturally but when you know you cant it must be so frustrating!

We've had our first appointment at fertility clinic, i had an internal scan and was told i had PCOS on left ovary but that right ovary looked liked it had recently ovulated, ive to wait on blood test results and if i am ovulating they will do hcg and if not they'll give me clomid.

I don't know how others cope, when its just me and my hubby i openly don't cope, i cry alot and it scares me that i wont be able to give him a baby as he'd make a wonderful Dad.

Good luck on your journey to becoming a mummy and im sure already know there is loads of lovely ladies on here. xx
  • Hi is a year now i know i got pcos and let me tell is hard i got a son 8years ago when i lost my virginity my son is alive and ok afther that i did not try to have anymore kids but sence im with my bf i did start trieng for 2 and half years im trieng and nothing im in clomid first cycle but only enlarge one of my cyst so i dont know if ever i will have more kids to cope with this is so hard but the best is to think positive good luck to all
  • Hi Stacey

I get the obsessed thing. I too have taken a step back from this website at times, even although i never joined before. Thanks for you kind comments on my posting. I know what it's like to wait and sometimes have just resigned myself to it not happening. I hope your treatment goes ahead as planned; and it all works for you, you've waited patiently after all. I had no idea there was minimum ages for fertility treatment. I wonder what the justification for that is! Did you get all the, it only takes one nonsense, you never know! When you were at the clinic initially?
  • hey and welcome, i've been ttc for just over 2 years now and am awaiting a referral and DH also for his SA, we had a mmc in july last year but nothing since and it looks as though i rarely ovulate too. i just take each day as ti comes i guess, it's got easier with time since the mc but now i have a referral i've been able to relax too, i've waited 6 weeks so far and got about another to go. It's awful there;s an age for IVF you are young but if yuo're strong enough to go through as a couple and stick through it you're obviously mature enough especially when there are girls a lot younger who are mums and haven't a clue! Will they refer you for IVF as soon as you hit 23 or do you have to go through some sort of referral process? I've only recently joined this forum as i used to be in ttc after mc but i know there's a lot of knowledgable people in here! xx
  • Hi image

I have been TTC for around 8 months but had a bad feeling about it. After tests, we found out that DH has "no sperm count, but occasional dead sperms were seen". I was and still am devastated. We were told that ICSI is our option and that hopefully they can find live sperms inside ( I really pray that there is).
    We still have some appointments and stuff yet to be done.

I wish you all the best, and hopefully fall pregnant naturally... It can happen image

A friend of mine, her DH had low count and had to do ICSI to get pregnant. It failed the first time but got pregnant the 2nd round of ICSI. When she had her baby she thought that they'll never fall naturally but guess what? after 1 - 2 months she found out she was pregnant (naturally). She then wanted a 3rd child, ICSI failed, but after few months she wss pregnant again (naturally again).

Miracles happen.