Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

first appt at gynacolegy

well after a long wait weve finally had an appt with the infertility!its this FRIDAY!!!!! i dunno whats gna happen if ill be getting tests done or not!! could anyone tell me if theyv been through this what to expect?! they told me thta my partner didnt have to be there so im a bit confused! x

Replies

• has anyone got any advice on this as im starting to get rally worried as its tomorrow!
  • Hi scaliwags,

Dont stress!!!!! We have been through this and its fine!

Firstly they will ask you loads of questions, I find it a bit odd that they said oh didnt need to be there as they asked both of us our medical and sexual history (not as daunting as it sounds!!), as partners' health clearly affects your chances of fertility!!
    Anyway they did an internal scan on me on the same day - so be prepared and vaginal swabs at the same time. Have you had blood tests done? If not they will do day 2-4 and day 21 bloods plus routine bloods. Also they will book you for HSG (scan and dye thingy), and if not already done oh will need to arrange for SA.

Think thats about it but dont worry, and I hope it goes ok. Let us know xx

• Hi scaliwags
    Didnt want to R&R - but I dont know what happens I am afraid.
    Hope it all goes well for you.
  • thanx for replying! i found it werid that my oh didnt have to come lucky in a way cos hes working id have to wait longer for an appointment! ive already had 2 sets of blodds done through the doctor day 21 n day 5 i think i had! and ive had a scan through my doctor internal that showee i had a heart shaped uterus! thing is im really bad to get blood out of so im dreading it so worried !x