Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BD after ovulation

Basically how long have you got.

i read far to much in this internet and stress myself out as well as confuse myself with it all. sometimes i think the internet is a bad thing. for me anyway.

i've had 7 highs on my monitor but no peaks. i'm on cd21. last month i had my peaks on cd18&19.
I've not had much cm (usually I have lots) anyway last night i was so hot i couldn't sleep and today my temp has shot up so ff is suggesting i ov. thing is we didn't bd last night as we both had so much on we were knackered and fell asleep. If i have ov am i too late if we bd tonight? the last time we bd was sunday.

Replies

• I use mymonthlycycle.com to monitor when im OV. To be honest i can tell as i can feel it when its released, and get awful cramps for about half hour on the day.
    mymonthlycycle.com says your fertility starts up to 3days before OV, and only 1 day after!!
    Which monitor are you using?
  • i've been using the clearblue fertility monitor but i'm also charting my temps on fertility friend. if i don't do it this month which by the looks of things i don't think we will. i think i'll give all the charting a miss next month cos i'm really winding myself up over it all.
    it doesn't help when a friend keeps ringing to see if i've got any news of tiny feet and when i say no telling me to chill out it'll happen when i'm least expecting it. i know shes trying to help but that piss's me off more cos she fell first month trying to conceive both her kids i've been trying 3 year. telling me it'll happen when it happens isn't much comfort after that long.
    sorry to rant i just feel like crying today.
  • ((Big Hugs)) After 3year TTC you not alone in having tearful days hun!!

I did a post of FF about telling family and friends!! I wish my DH would have kept his mouth shut about us TTC.. it just seems to add MORE pressure rather than helping!!

How long have your been charting your temps and using CBD for? Whats the Dr's or Cons say?..
  • thank you

i've been charting on ff for about 5 month and on my 3rd month of using the cbfm. i've only picked up peaks on it once though which was last month.

i know wot you mean about dh. mines the same. i know i talk about it with close friends but his parents are dead old fashioned and i know they think its my fault that they haven't got grandkids yet. so i don't like him talking about it with them. i know he wants a baby as much as me but i just feel like i'm letting him down sometimes. especially when he goes on about how nice it would be to announce at xmas that i'm pregnant. just makes me feel worse.

i've had tests and everything and turns out i have pcos. the hospital messed up and only gave me metformin for 5 weeks and didn't tell my doc to give me a repeat so they wouldn't. then i found out i was meant to be on it all the time, i didn't know that then as i'd not heard of it before so now i'm on that all the time its regulated me over the last couple of months and i'm now having 34d cycles which is excellent for me but on the other hand bad cos i get lots more bfn compared to the odd couple a year i was previously as i was only having about 2 cycles a year before being on metformin.
    i have to go back in january to the hospital but they won't give me clomid as i'm overweight. i've been struggling to lose it but i've lost 2 stone but i just know hes not gonna think this is good enough as last time i went i'd lost a stone and he just said "oh thats not much is it, come back in 6 month" i just feel like they are fobbing me off. i know i'm overweight but theres bigger people than me get pregnant.

how long have you been trying?