Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi girls - back from hols :\)

So, what have I missed?!

No good news from me I'm afraid, the 2nd IUI didn't work so we're now heading for IVF. We have an appointment to chat about it on Friday and then we should be able to have our first IVF cycle either on the next cycle (our preference) or the one after that.

Holiday was absolutely wonderful and I would heartily recommend a break to everyone! Last month when the IUI hadn't worked I was really devastated, but this month it was no where near as bad because we were in paradise, relaxing and with a waiter + cocktail just moments away!! We really did have the most relaxing time and I think we were probably more chilled out than at any other time in the last 2 or 3 years. It really gave me a new perspective on all the baby stuff too. Although I know we've got to go through a lot with the IVF, being so happy and loved up with OH and just enjoying something totally non-baby related has made me realise that whatever happens we're incredibly lucky and life will be wonderful.

Anyway, enough waxing lyrical from me! How are all of you?! Any news? Hope all's well with everyone and you're all enjoying this beautiful summer sunshine!

xxx

Replies

• I'm sorry that the IUI didn't work but it sounds as though you have had a fantastic time and have come home relaxed and chilled which has got to help with the IVF.
    H.xxx
  • Welcome back, your PMA has cheered me up!
    xx
  • aw chick sorry iui didn't work but glad you have a lot of pma as this will do you thw world of good when going for you ivf, really hoping that it is a first time round set of twins for you LOL glad your back on and enjoyed your holiday sounds fab, almost makes me want to fly (but I wont LOL)
  • Hey sweetie pie it feels like you've been gone for ages. Again as the others said I'm sorry it didn't work for you this time but your post was like a breath of fresh air - lovely and positive!

I can't wait to go on my hols now in August and you are absolutely right - we do have so much to be thankful for in our lives it's just sometimes this baby malarky overshadows everything so good post for getting us all to look at the positives.

Good luck for friday. Can I ask if you are going through the NHS or private? Thanks x
  • Hi Hun and welcome back, i'm sorry IUI didnt work for you.

Its sounds like you have a fabulous holiday, Where did you go?
    No news from me xxxx
  • Hi girls

Lovely to hear from you. Still feeling nice and relaxed and positive, though appointment today was a real mixed bag - will pop another post on to ask for people's thoughts. I so recommend a good holiday, it really did make me feel so differently about everything and much more chilled out.

Jess - we went to Mauritius. Took a real risk with the weather as it's winter at the mo, but was the only way we could afford to go and we got an amazing deal. We were extremely lucky with the weather too, only a couple of bad days and the rest of the time we were on the beach, being waited on hand and foot!!

Smileychops - we're NHS for one IVF cycle, though that may not happen if I can't get a lower FSH result, so have fingers, toes and everything else crossed at the mo!