Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My dream is over

Thanks for all the good luck messages. Sadly, this morning I learnt two harsh lessons.

First, not only does Cyclogest cause different symptoms in different people - it also causes different symptoms in the same person, even when the IVF protocol has been exactly the same and nothing about the drugs or the dosage has been changed.

Second, you can pray as hard as you like, but sometimes your prayers aren't answered. All I asked for was not to be given false hope, but when the spotting stopped and didn't start up again, that's exactly what I got, and now I've come down to earth with a bump.

So now I'm off to play happy families at my niece's playgroup nativity play, and I swear if I see anybody complaining about their children, I won't be responsible for my actions.

Replies

• Options
    On no sweetheart, I'm so so sorry.
    I don't know what else to say-I wanted this so much for you, possibly even more than myself as I already have Grace and know how lucky I am.
    Sending you the biggest hug.
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    awwww honey, best of luck, im sorry to hear how you are feeling. im here if you wanna scream and shout and punch etc .
    speak to you soon xx
    Mrs E xx
  • Options
    So, so sorry sweetheart x x
  • Options
    I am so sorry sweetie x
  • Options
    So very sorry sweetie. Life is just so unfair sometimes. No words can really help right now, I'm sure, but you're in my thoughts xx
  • Options
    oh ldom, im so sorry. Hope you r having time out for yourself. Sending you a huge hug. Xxxx
  • Options
    Im so sorry hun xxx
  • Options
    LDOM - I'm so very sorry. I had really hoped and prayed that this was going to be your time.

Sorry hun.

xxx
  • Options
    Oh LDOM, I so, so wanted this to be your time. I am so sorry.

I think you are incredibly brave spending the day with your family, and resisting the urge to curl up in a ball. Take good care of yourself.

Thinking of you.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all your comments and support.

I think I'm going to take a break from here while we decide what we're going to do - I don't think there's any point in trying again with our own eggs and sperm, as we have been given such low chances of success and I just can't take another failure, but DH is very resistant to the idea of bringing up children that aren't genetically part of both of us, so it looks as though I may have to come to terms with a child-free life. I can't tell you how gutted that makes me feel, and I'm hoping he'll change his mind when he has a bit of time to think about it over Christmas - he has at least agreed to consider it. In the meantime, I need to retreat into my little cave to grieve for the dream that we've lost.

Take care, and I hope all of you have a very happy Christmas and that your dreams come true in 2010 xx
  • Options
    Just wanted to send you a really big hug, I am so sorry for what you are going through xxx hope things get better for you next year and you defy the odds xx
  • Options
    LDOM, I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear your news.I hope you have a nice Christmas and that 2010 holds a BFP in store for you. xxx
  • Options
    LDOM, I am so sorry to read this I was looking out for your post.
    Hope you're ok
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi LDOM,

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry you haven't had success.....

Just a suggestion with considering your options is it worth a consultation with George at Nottingham care fertility? He's had amazing successes with couples having numerous unsuccessful cycles using CGArray.

My friend went to that clinic (but was seen by a woman) and is now expecting twins after 6 failed cycles at 2 seperate clinics (NHS and private)

All the best,

Alison xxxx