Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My IVF diary - will update regularly

deleted post due to security breach by BE

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mrs B!

I absolutely remember you! You were so supportive this time last year when I was going through my ectopic.
    I haven't been about much recently but when I saw your message I had to reply.

I'm afraid I have no advice for you with your current treatment, I really don't know very much about it, but I just wanted to say hi, and hope you're doing well.

I'll keep everything crossed for you, looking forward to seeing you with a lovely BFP in time for a Christmas baby!

Welsh xxx
  • Options
    Mrsb i remember you from last year, im so sorry no natural bfp has happened in the meantime but i wish you lots and lots of luck with your treatment. I have just recently received my bfp from my first ivf treatment so it can happen first time image i got spotting a few days after starting down reg and then it turned into af so it sounds completely normal and its just old lining going away. I have everything crossed for you. Xx
  • Options
    Hi MrsBambino.... who could forget that cool 'love' keyring'!? Nice to see you back - and I'm sorry that you're still waiting for that BFP but happy for you that you've got the ball rolling with ICSI. Totally understand why you've waited a while - it's a tough thing to go through. But, having done it fairly recently, I can definitely say that it's not completely as bad as you might think - the injections etc are fine. Get lots of rest and try and pamper yourself as much as possible. If it means taking some time off work - do that. I really hope it all goes well for you in the coming weeks, and that you get your longed for result. Keep us posted, lots of love xx
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello MrsB

I dont know if we spoke in this forum before but your name rings a bell.

Anyway just reading through your post & im amazed at how strong you are, I admire you in having to make some tough choices but all for the best possible reasons.

I wish you every ounce of luck my lovely and will be keeping absolutley everything crossed for you both, you very much deserve this xxxx
  • Options
    oh my goodness, you've made me laugh and brought back a HORRIBLE memory...... (and I thought I was the only one). .... the night of my final (all-important) injection - the one just before egg collection - I did the exact same thing. Stuck the needle into my finger and bent it (and stabbed myself). I was hysterical and it took 15 minutes and a lot of coaxing from OH to get the darned thing into my stomach. I thought I'd ruined the entire thing! It was 11.30pm so I couldn't get hold of a Dr or more drugs. So stressful! Anyway .... it all worked out fine and I got loads of eggs collected - so don't worry! Glad you've got a good OH to help you along. This really is so fraught.... you've just gotta laugh.
    Hope you avoid any more traumas, and it all goes smoothly for you. Remember the mantra ... no stress, no stress, no stress (and lots of massages and chocolate).
    Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Hey Mrs B, oh my can't belive I come back on here today and there's someone I know. Fingers crossed for you hun. I have just been through my first IVF round - I snapped open a vial - and it smashed so was cuatious with the next one cut my thumb - blood squirting out! I also had an air bubble in one of my injections I did - one that leaked as I was injecting! I did have a couple of crying and hissy fits!

We thought we might need ICIS - because last sample my OH had little movement - but when they took my eggs and his sperm they could do it by IVF.

Anyways - I could go on about this for ages as not really spoken to many about it - but if you want to ask me anything feel free - although I was on different drugs so not sure how I can help - but if I can please feel free to ask.

Fingers crossed for you hun. Take Care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Again it is so odd that you have posted today. I am so pleased to hear from you

I was only thinking about some of the people here yesterday and I was really wondering about you.

I am delighted to know that you have started although I completely understand your reasons for delay. Its the hope that hurts so much - when it gets dashed again.

I havent been on here for an age as I fear we are the end of the road for a number of reasons and have been really struggling.

I am so pleased to catch up with you and here some good news from MWB as well.

I didnt have the spotting you describe but as others say I stopped the pill - which I think was added just to give me a withdrawal bleed and then started the down reg sniffers alone. Perhaps that is the difference. Any worries I would phone the clinic but it sounds as if everything is going to work out.

I wish you all the luck in the world
    XX
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Bambino

I remember you too! Isn't it odd, I've not been on for ages either and suddenly all us old timers seem to be back on together!

How exciting to be beggining your IVF, I so hope it works for you. Having looked at your dates, we are absolute, bang on cycle buddies! I started down regging on Buserelin on Friday too! Don't think I've ever had a cycle buddy to the day before, although I tend to take a little while for AF to show up when I'm down regging, so will probably be a bit behind you in the end.

I'm on my third IVF cycle having had a failed cycle last summer and a BFP last winter, which sadly ended in a MC at 10 weeks 3 days before Christmas. It's been pretty hard, but having had that illusive BFP I feel as if I'm ready to have another try and I'm hoping with all my heart that it works for us this time and that we have a sticky bean.

It would be great to keep in touch. I wrote a great big thing a while ago to just say what my experience of IVF had been for people just starting out. Not sure how much use it would be to you, but you could have a look in my other topics if it might help.

Great to see you back and lots of luck to you for everything.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Hon,

Welcome back, I wrote you a long reply last night and BE ate it! Grrrrrh.

Anyway, as you can see still plenty of us around and about. Good luck with this cycle.

Gem xx

• Options
  • Options
    MrsB if you are finding you are struggling with having more protein in your diet, I took a protein shake - one from Holland and Barratt with Whey Protein in it during stimming. That may be helpful?!?
    Glad the side effects are not in full force, you sounds like it is going really well image
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs B I remember you to its lovely to see some old faces I hope the injections are going well for you good luck xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs B,

I remember you and know we've chatted on here before. Lovely that you're back and let's hope this time it won't be for long (meant in the nicest possible way! We will still be chatting over in the preg forum soon!)

Well done so far on your inj, I had my last buserelin yesterday morning and my last Menopur also and Pregnyl, as am booked in for egg collection tomorrow am! Arggh! V scared!!

Let's keep chatting and I'm sure along with the other lovely ladies on here we will all get our brilliant BFPs soon!

Lots of love Em J xxxx
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MrsB I really hope they say you can start stimms today... thinking of you! Have absolutely everything crossed for you.
    Headaches particularly are a side effect, water is the only really helpful thing to flush it out of your system, but once you are on stimms you should feel a lot better.
    Have everything crossed.
    xxx
  • Options
    MrsB I really hope they say you can start stimms today... thinking of you! Have absolutely everything crossed for you.
    Headaches particularly are a side effect, water is the only really helpful thing to flush it out of your system, but once you are on stimms you should feel a lot better.
    Have everything crossed.
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs B,

Hoping that your scan went well and that you have been given your stimming drugs, keep us posted.

I went for e/c yesterday and they managed to take 12. Just hoping the little ones have been attracted to OH's sperm! They are going to ring me tomorrow and let me know if any have fertilised.

Fingers crossed for both of us xxxx
  • Options