Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi I'm new -ttc 26months

Hi all - hope I am welcome and looking forward to talking with you all.

We are now doing our first cycle of clomid (50mg) and have been tracked this week with scans every other day - its been great watching it grow. I have a PCO on the left and a nice big follicle on the right image so it has been working. I had the progestorone injection today and we are hoping to ov tomorrow image.

My LH level is >20 and has been for 4 days now - consultant mentioned this may affect a pregnancy?- does anyone know how? (I would have asked but she dismissed it but now its nagging me).

OH has had varied sperm analysis results (low count and poor morphology) so we are trying three cycles of clomid and then on to IUI treatment. Hoping we dont need it and this works for us. Also 4 bloods, 3 internal scans and a progestorone shot has made me a little squimish this week! We are lucky and have had very good helpful nurses.

[Modified by: Lizzie J on 30 October 2009 12:19:41 ]

Replies

• Welcome to the forum,

I really hope that the clomid works for you, unfortunatly it doesnt seem to be doing the trick for me, 4 months and still trying! oh hum, but after 26 months it seems you deserve a bit of luck.. fingers crossed and heaps of baby dust

Gem x

• Hiya Lizzie, welcome to the forum....although sorry you have to be here image It is a lovely friendly bunch of ladies with loads of great advice knowledge and support. I'm sure you'll fit in fine. Sorry I can't answer your questions - I'm about to start IVF due to male factor. Good luck hon xx
  • Hi Lizzie and Welcome to LTTC!!!! I hope the Clomid does the trick for you and that your not here too long in the nicest way possible of course!!! i also have PCO on both ovaries however i only tried clomid for 1month and we were successful but sadly i had an early miscarriage so we are currently on our 1st round of IUI and due to be insemminated on Monday, we're just going into our 7th year of TTC so fingers crossed this is going to work, it has been a great relief to come on here and chat with all the Lovely ladies who all understand what it's like, wishing you loads of Good Luck & Sending you loads of sticky baby dust!!! looking forward to chatting with you xxxx
  • Hey and welcome, like the others have said hope the stay here is not too long! In relation to the LH, I think, and I may be wrong, but the LH is what controls your lutenising phase of your cycle and this usually needs to be 14 days for a successful implant, this is the gap between ovulation and af or bfp. I think if your LH is too low it cannot sustain the lining of the womb long enough to implant. Hope I haven't given you a whole load of rubbish here! I am no doctor but this is my understanding from reading and I have no idea what the level should be so I hope I haven't paniced. I am sure if it was anything serious the consultant would not have dismissed your concern. Good luck for your sticky bfp really soon xx
  • Thanks for all your replies and lovely messages. Its nice to meet you all and hope you aren't here to give me advice soon - but over in the pg forums.

Sanguine - we are excited about our follicle, I got to watch it grow from 8mm to 2.1cm image - makes a big difference from just crossing my fingers each month and hoping something is growing.

Gem78 - does that mean you are now on max dose of clomid - do you get any side effects? So sorry it hasnt worked for you - hoping it changes for you soon. Boy do the months roll by when you live in 2 week portions!

Tinybabydancer - Good luck with the IVF, wishing you lots of luck and sending lots positive thoughts it goes well.

Sianni - sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hope the insemination goes well, you deserve a bfp! How has the IUI treatment been? Wow seven years! Part of our 26months was spent trying naturally (18months nearly - denial!), waiting to turn 23,waiting for appointments and for sperm analysis results as OH has had three tests :roll:

Socks - thanks for the warm welcome. I know what you mean about giving advice - its hard to know if people will take what you are saying as the definate thing. Thanks for answering! I guess you are right that she would have discussed it more if it was a worry but I just have the feeling its one of those 'cross that bridge when or if we get there things'. My Lh has been >20 which is the surge that triggers ovulation and looking around I think if it stays high it increases risk of miscarriage - so hoping it shows a drop in next weeks blood tests.