Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can anyone offer advice? (long sorry)

hey all..

okay.. me and hubby have a bit of a dilema.

We've been trying for 9 months now. which have actually been about 4 cycles, as i've got crazy long cycles and hardly ever get AF an have no idea if and when i ov (although i do get +opk's sometimes)

Been referred to Gynaecology Detp at hospital and we went to see them and went through alllllll our history etc.

After that, they decide that we need to try for another 18 months before they investigate etc... but...

how the heck are we meant to 'try' if i dont know when and if i ovulate and also when i'm expected AF.

The consultant told us that they would do scans and bloods etc (done bloods - but results have gotten lost!)

hubby has done 2 SA already and he's good. so i went to see the doctor 3 weeks after our appt to see when i'm expecting the scan.. and.. the letter our consultant sent to the doctor was basically saying that they have signed us off for now and that they want us to try for another 18 months before re-referring us!!

now.. in a previous relationship i have 'tried' before and we had tests and it showed i dont ov.. so i need Clomid.

Even my doc admits i need Clomid, but only the hospital consultant can prescribe it!! please can anyone offer any advice what so ever please?????

thanks and sorry its so long lol

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, I had very similar problem - gp thought I needed clomid but wasn't able to prescribe it.
    We had a TERRIBLE first gynae appt as really felt that we weren't listened to at all so my gp referred us to another hospital. They also sent us away and by that time the first hospital's next appt had come round and they finally listened.
    So my advice would be to ask your gp if they will refer you for a second opinion. It's worth a go.