Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Would clomid prevent Ovulation??

Hi Girls,

As some of you know, I have been TTC'ing for over 2 years now. Hubby & I did all the tests...everything is fine with me: I ovulate every month, my period runs like a clock on a 28 days cycle and I never had any issues at all. However, the problem is with hubby's little swimmers which are a bit lazy ( low motility, but good quantity).

The consultant subscribed Clomid for me which I started last cycle: all was fine apart from the side effect: hot flashes and change in mood; I ovulated on day 16 ( using ovulation tests + I had like period pain on that day) but BFN ...my period was a bit longer that month ( 30 days).

I started taking Clomid ( 2nd cycle) this month...but the weird thing is I have not ovulated!!!
I monitor the ovulation using Clearblue digital Ovulation monitoring which is very accurate. I have been using it for months and it tells when I ovulate, I started testing from day 13 until day 21 ( which was yesterday) but suprisingly no sign of ovulation at all!!

Any one has an idea? this is the very first time in my life that I dont ovulate. is this due to clomid?? I thought the main function of clomid is to make you ovulate ( many eggs) and not to stop your ovulation!!

I did a blood test yesterday ( day 21) but I wont know the result until my next appointment with the consultant end of september image so I'm really lost....and feeling down as well!!

Had anyone experienced the same issue?
Any one can advise please?

Thanks girls!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mel - I have heard that for a small number of women clomid can cause late ovulation. Is there any chance that you ovulated early instead - perhaps before day 13? Its rubbish that you don't get results until sept- it there any chance you can ring the clinic in a few days to ask the results?

Im sorry you're feeling down - come over and join the clomid bump thread - there's a few of us over there and everyone is really supportive xx