Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else here... "UNEXPLAINED"??

Hey there ladies...

Is there anyone else here that is in the "unexplained" group??

HSG..came back normal
CD21 bloods.. i OV

OH SA..Acceptable

Ive been prescribed clomid for when AF starts... but not holding much hope out for it... as i already OV and have regulare periods.

Jus wondering if there is anyone else in the same situation...

Thanx

xx

Replies

• YES ME!!!
    Its so frustrating isnt it!
    We did get a bfp in feb 09 after 17mth ttc but sadly lost our bean in march 09 & been ttc since. Ive been referred but consultant says unexplained as all our tests are fine too. Im goin in for hsg next thurs though so hoping it clears me out so to speak!
    I really hope the clomid works for you cupcake

Good luck
    Annette xx
  • sorry to hear about ure MC last year Annette....

They do say that ure more fertile after the HSG... fingers crossed for you! ....

Yes being told its "unexplained" is very frustrating... they have nothing to work on so to speak!

Ive read that going on clomid when u already OV is pointless... Grrrrrr

xx
  • I think I must fall into this catergory as well, haven't quite finished with all the tests as yet, but so far nothing has reared its head, I asked about my slightly short luteal phase today, but it was pretty much dismissed- so I'm back to the unexplained.......

I thought I had read recently that clomid can help even if you ovulating already as it can help with follicular development to produce a higher quality egg and a better corpus luteum.

Hope that it works for you, and that we all get our much wanted BFP's soon.......I would like my first one before all my friends start on no 2 (sigh!)

Onwards and upwards I suppose x
  • Us too. I have regular periods, hubbie was told he was a show off after his SA, ov tests come up positive day 14 every month. Had an mc July 08 and not a sniff of a bfp since. Really frustrating. I spend half my life trying to work out what we did differently the month we actually got our bfp xx
  • There are a few of us!!
    Socks i do the same as you..What did we do different in feb when we got our bfp but god only knows ?Hope the clomid works for you cupcake,my plan of action is to ask for that after hsg. Gotta try!

Annette xx
  • morning ladies....

i didnt realise there were so many of us!......

33% is better odds than i thought... which has gave me slight hope! image

I really hope we get a boom of miracle babies!!.... wouldnt that be great!!

I had AF type cramps all weekend... v.v.light spotting when i wiped on Sunday night... yesterday i had v.light spotting over the whole day... not enough even for a panty liner... (sorry tmi)...came home yesterday from work and had a shower and not had anything since!! ..... want AF to start for me to begin clomid... hopefully today it will rear its ugly head!! image

All the best ladies.... xxx
  • Hi Cupcake,
    I'm in exactly the same boat too.
    All my results, bloods, HSG & Ovarian scan all came back as they should & hubbies SA was 'Normal'. Was put onto clomid in November, started it in December so now on 2ww of round 2. Fingers crossed!!

Here's hoping we get a good year & we all get those long awaited BFPs!! xxx
  • Hello everyone!

Me too. I am literally just back from the hospital and all our tests came back fine. We've been ttc for 14 months. I now have to wait for HSG and then if that is all clear I start clomid. It sounds like many of us are in the same boat here.

I actually feel much more positive after the appointment, though I was scared stiff beforehand. I'm old (38) and I found it reassuring to hear that everything is functioning as it should and I am still in with a chance. Still frustrating that it hasn't happened yet though and at the moment is classed as "unexplained".

Good luck to all.
    xxx