Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Next step? How long?

Hi girls,
We went to the docs and had my bloods and hubby's SA done at the beginning of May. Both came back normal, so our GP said she would refer us. Does anyone have any idea what the next stage is? And how long it might be before someone sees us? I know that it will vary from area to area, but a ballpark figure would be good!

Our GP said that the referral system can be slow, as people can fall pregnant naturally before their appointment, but we've been trying for 16 months now, without a sniff of a BFP, so I guess it just feels like it's all taking ages. Plus, I've just had another birthday, which I guess is making the clock tick louder!

Any info would be good image Thanks

Replies

• Hey MrsDoc, I can only give you my example, after these tests we got an appointment with the fertility clinic in about three months, they sent us a questionnaire to fill in about or history and went through this with us.

I had a hsg (test to check tubes are ok) and then we went back.

They have now subscribed me clomid and I am currently on the first month of this.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help, hope you get your appointment soon and keep us posted
    xx
  • Thanks, that's actually pretty helpful! My GP was really supportive and didn't make us feel like we were wasting her time, but she was sooo nice that we felt we had in fact taken up quite a lot of her time, and we were very nervous too, so we never really asked many questions. She didn't really give us much info, so at least I now have an idea of what's coming next.

good luck!
  • Hello

It took about 3 months from referral to first appointment. After that it took another couple of months to get all the tests done. They will probably do the SA and bloods again and also may do a scan, examination and an HSG.

We had out first appointment in Feb and are now just starting IVF - hopefully things will be more straightforward for you!

Don't worry about hassling medical people, in my experience it keeps things moving.....and they move slow enough as it is. You will find a lot of people are very supportive but it can be frustrating.

Good luck xx