Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Angry @ Nurse

Well ladies...

I went to the surgery today for my rubella vaccine that i got told i needed as I wasnt immune.

When the nurse called me in (one ive never saw before)... she asked "and what are you here for?"
Well I kinda thought she would know this... and i read on the comp screen RUBELLA vaccine... so she did know... anyway....
she then went away to collect the vaccine, which took over 5 mins.... she then came back and asked If i was pregnant.... I explained that i defo wasnt and that i had AF last week, she said she wouldnt give me the vaccine unless i had AF!! ..... by this time there was steam coming out of my ears (no one had explained this to me, I had taken time off work).... I then explained that there was no way i could be pregnant... she then turned around and was snippy and said how do u know for 100%... I explained that i have my HSG next week and we have been using contraception since AF.
She then askeed if I would be willing to come back when i had AF next..... I was really annoyed by this time and said that if i didnt get it today i wouldnt be back...

She eventually agreed to give it to me... but i was so close to just getting up and walking out!

am i being really unreasonable here..?...... I think it was more her manner than anything... Grrrrr
She really got my back up!!

xx

Replies

• Cupcake I can completely understand why you were so annoyed! Surely if she only looked back to your last appointment she would have realised why you needed the jab! Secondly she should listen to what you have to say, as surely its unusual for a woman to have a rubella vaccination unless they are considering fertility treatment. Have some chocs to make you feel better!! xx
  • What a b**ch!!! She sounds like a total idiot to me. No you wre not being unreasonable at all. Some people just like a power trip. Well done for sticking up for yourself sweetie. It's all done now and you'll be back TTC before you know it xxx
  • Thanx ladies for your comments!

Glad others feel the same, ha.... i came out with steam coming out my ears! ha

To be honest as far as this MMR vaccine goes... some people NEVER become immune (possibly me, as i only had it done in 2003).... I bet there are hundreds of thousands of woman who arent immune and do become pregnant (everyone doesnt get this checked... although should be a routine thing for everyone TTC).....

They said to refrain from TTC for a month... im out this month anyway (HSG next week).... so roll on December!!

xx
  • Oh Hun she sounds like a right jobs worth! How sodding rude! you know your own body & cycle better than anyone & when youve already given her the information to then question you, id have been bloody furious. xxxxxxxxx
  • I totally agree with you Cupcake, a lot of it is the manner things are said as opposed to what people actually say. There is no harm in being polite and sensitive to your situation. I assume this was at your surgery so even though she hasn't seen you she would have all your notes and known what the situation was.

Take a few relaxing breaths, she's totally not worth it! Good luck with your HSG and for December being the lucky ttc month for you!!

S xx
  • Oh a Xmas baby would be bloody fantastic!! haha image

My arms really sore today... feels numb!...

xx