Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why do we give ourselves false hope every month?

Maybe it's just me but every month I know the signs that AF is coming - and now, 13 months on I should know better. Ok so I have got better at it, I don't talk about it to my OH any more but in my head when I start spotting for example i KNOW its how my af starts but there's a little voice in my head that says "plenty of people spot when they're pregnant" and it drives me crazy!! I'm on day 27 of a 28/29 day cycle and I'm doing it all day. I know af is on the way and I just want to accept it and move on. Anyone else have this problem or am I going crazy....

Rach x

Replies

• Options
    I'm exactly the same. I think the same things as soon as I start to spot. Only accept it once I'm in full flow then I admit defeat.

I've been driving myself crazy trying different vitamins etc... To try and help. This month I will be mainly taking B6 a desperate attempt to lengthen my LP. As I think this was the cause of losing my BFP in May.
  • Options
    *puts hand up*

i'm exactly the same but without the regular cycles or signs!!!

Wish i could stop we're just going into month 12 and even knowing i have 2 blocked tube, PCOS, don't ov, constant bleeding i'm still convincing myself that because i have awful heartburn today and yesterday as well as dizzyness, a fab fainting spell last week and full (.)(.) i'm pg when i know it would take a miracle and to be honest there all symptoms (other than the heartburn) of the tablets i'm taking to stop bleeding :roll: :roll:

Oh well you can only but :lol: to keep from :cry:

http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkies/TTC/MiraclePinkBfly.gif

• Options
    *puts up two hands*

"guilty as charged your honour"

I know far too much about my own body than I care to go into or ever thought I would

Enough said image :roll: image

I keep :lol: and planning holidays - the only way I know how to deal with it.

*runs off to loo to check knickers for 32nd time today*

• Options
    *stacey runs in, waving both arms*

"guilty,guilty,guilty, cuff me now officer" hahahaha

i am exactly the same, i seem to manage ot convince myself every month that we ahve done it, not stopping for a moment to think that we only have a 1 % chance of naturally conceiving!!!! lol. what is it??
    i symptom spot continously, sometimes tihnk i just make them up lol.

what are we like hey girls??
    but lets not forget miracles DO happen!!!!
    baby dust to you all

*runs to the fridge,collects her double,double,double sized bar of galaxy and scoffs it on the sofa*

mrs elbrow xx
  • Options
    Take me to the stocks and throw rotten tomatoes at me too!!

I have even carried on POAS when I'm in full af mode... and not even cheap sticks... and I still get disappointed when I don't see a smiley face / two lines. If I had a bad drug habit I'd be flushing less money down the loo.

:roll:
  • Options
    Ha ha weegie, that made me laugh!

So glad this forum is here and thanks so much for your replies girls it makes me realise I'm not mad - despite the crazy lady looks I get from my hubby!

rach x
  • Options
    *runs in waving both arms screaming Im a crazy baby lady*

oh I do exactly the same as you girls, every month I obsess over symptoms and think Im pregnant even though I know Im not because we're just not that lucky! this month im extremely CRAZY because of the mid cycle spotting and now Im nearing af due I think of nothing else. I have stopped boring my OH with it all but havent yet managed to stop torturing myself..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Why why why do we do it ladies? we should have learnt by now!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX babydustXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :lol: