Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I think it is time to join you lovely ladies

Hi all, hope its ok if I join.

We have been ttc for 14 months now with no success, had our first gynae appointment at beg of June. All seems ok so far, my bloods ok (although I have been diagnosed hypothyroidism and am now on meds), and hubbys SA about average.
So am going back on thurs for follow up and results of day 2 bloods and HSG.

Finding it all a bit of a struggle at times, want it so much just cant believe it will ever happen for us.

Well am looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Replies

• Hi Jonzemonkey

Sorry gc from ttc. I just wanted to wish you lots of luck and thank you for replying to my post yesterday. Could I just ask how old you are?

Lots of babydust

V xxx
  • I am 35, which I realise isnt helping the whole ttc thing!!

I see from another post that you're 36, so I guess we are kinda in the same boat xx
  • Hi and welcome. I hope that your results are good on thursday.
    Helen.xxx
  • just wanted to say hi, how did ur app go today? x
  • Ah thanks for your replies girls, well the appointment went ok.

All our results, (bloods, sa, swabs, hsg) came back normal, so we have "unexplained infertility", he said there is a high chance of us conceiving so just keep trying. If after 2 years (which will be next April) no luck then we would be offered IUI and IVF. The only problem is that we are both overweight and for nhs treatment we have to have BMI under 30. So we have about 10 months to lose weight (me 3 stone and hubby 1 and half stone).
    We have both been trying but it is really hard so are going to see dieticians for all the help we can get.

It may sound odd, I am pleased everythings normal, but theres a part of me that wanted something to be wrong which they could fix and then hey presto I get pregnant!!! Instead its all down to me and my ability to lose weight, which I know I need to do but still v hard. So if any of you have any pearls of wisdom to impart I'd be v grateful!! Just thought of putting a pic of a baby on fridge door - might work!!!!
  • Hi jonzemonkey. How are you? Glad your results were ok. I know what you mean though about looking for stuff. Like you said i'm 36, the only good thing is we have went to Docs after six months and they are doing tests.

Have you thought about a cbfm. They are very good and lots of ladies have got their bfp with them. You can get them on e bay much cheaper than in the shops. You may be ov'ing a
    litle earlier or later than you think.

With regards to your weight I would ask your doc for slimming on referral and join slimming world. I've lost 3 stone (put a little back on with stress) but it's coming off again. It is great. I made all our meals for the week yesterday and we have lasagne, curry, casserole fish and chips. It's so easy. My sister had lost eleven pounds in three weeks. My other lost six pound in her first. You really should see. I went to dietician through the hospital and they are useless. A waste of time to be honest.

Hope this helps. Get it touch if you ever want to chat. X x

[Modified by: Vicsy on June 21, 2010 08:05 AM]

• Hi Vicsy - thanks for the reply.
    I bought a CBFM last year, I have used it a few times but not every month, I dont have that much confidence in it to be honest, not really sure why - I guess coz I havent got preggers!!!! It seems to ask me to poas every day from about day 6, which just works out expensive. Having written all that I now feel it sounds a bit daft and have decided to properly use it from next month and see how it goes!!! Am rambling now- soz!!
    As for my weight, I have been going to slimming world for a few months but only lost 9lbs, I lost 2 stone for my wedding 18 months ago so I know it works but am just lacking in the whole motivation at the mo!!

Well sorry if that sounds a bit moany!!!!!! xxx