Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Do you think the same?

I'm meeting my friend again this week, who last time we met told a group of us she was pregnant. I was really pleased for her as they had a rough time. But it made me sad (selfish of me). However, the thought of seeing her again I'm really excited. Want to see the scan and talk babies..

So my thought is, I don't feel particularly upset when I see pregnant women or babies. It seems to be the initial 'I'm having a baby' which gets me choked up. The excitement of new things. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge any of them.

I'm rambling now. I'll stop!

Replies

• i dont think you are the only one who feels like this. this baby making thing can sometimes feel like rocket science, and can be fustrating when it dosen't happem straight away
  • totally normal, as I do wuite often refer to my drunken rant one sat a good few weeks ago with too much voldka down my neck - its not that you dont want them to be pg its just that you want it to be you too!! Going through exact same with my cousin at the moment and do get excited for her but do also get upset that it still isn't me.

Totally normal and not selfish you are only human and dealing with a lot of stress which I think a lot of us prob dont realise how much we are coping with when it is a huge deal xxxxx

ENjoy seeing your friend again xxxx