Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I got my date for SURGERY!!!!- ARGH MY BL**DY BOSS

Only had pre-op assement yesterday where the nurse said it could be a 18 week wait as there was nothing booked for me as yet....

Well got home from work today and there it was a letter from the hospital with my appointment for MONDAY!!!!!!!

Yay yay!!!!!!! So fingers crossed ladies that 2009 is our year!!!

xxxxxxx

Can't believe it i rang my boss last night to tell him what was happening and i would need monay and tue off this seemed fine other than the "problem" that they had just paid me all my untaken leave!?

However today in front of everyone he talks about how inconvienant it is we're so busy etc and i''l have to pay back the money i was paid for holiday etc as after all its nothing major and i booked this and want it done!!! He was talking as if i'm having plastic surgery!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FURIOUS!!!!

I went into his office and said how dare he come out and talk about it in front of everyone and make out it was so unneccessary and unimportant- espeically since he's been trhough the same thing with his wife and had LOADS of time off for IVF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He apoligised but said he felt it was the wrong time to have this done that i was putting too much pressure on myself with all the work stuff i need to organise before january and that i should CANCEL it!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

What makes me even more angry is that apparently we're so busy and loads of stuff to organise yet he has just left to go on a mini-holiday till Monday- hypercritical!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Modified by: lilac* on 17 December 2008 12:44:42 ]

Replies

• Options
    eeek - that is absolutley excellent news lilac - dam you deserve some good news and now you can have one less thing to think about this Christmas!!
    I really hope it all goes well for you - keep us posted!!
    xx
  • Options
    Wow, that was quick, fantastic news. Roll on Monday and hope you get some answers and a BFP in the new year. Sx
  • Options
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

U so deserve this hunny, what a great way to move forward from last christmas!!! This is the start hunny - all the luck in the world!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Wow -that was quick. Great news for you hun. Hopefully 2009 is going to be a better year for all of us in LT TTC. xxx
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that 2009 is a wonderful year for you hunny.

Good luck for Monday xxx
  • Options
    Fab news hun, that is VERY quick!! ... What surgery are you having?? - sorry memory like a sieve xx
  • Options
    Yey lilac

Thats fab news and a great excuse for hubby to do all the cooking etc lol. no seriously you so deserve this and i hope you get your bfp soon after.

jen xx
  • Options
    Thanks guys i'm so excited...god i'm weird who's happy about surgery???

I'm having a lap and a tuboplasty thing (not the right word) basically their going to attempt to unblock my tubes and maybe try removing any larger cysts from ovaries according the letter anyway.... they hadn't mentioned the cyst thing in my appointment!?

If its successful they'll perscribe clomid in the new yr!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff lilac - you really deserve some good news!! Hope the op goes well and 2009 WILL be your year.

• Options
    Woohoo, that's fab news! You had a lap before? If not do't worry it's fine - I've had two and feel like an old pro now. I'm such a wimp and found it fine. My only advice is stock up on peppermint tea incase you get any referred pain in your shoulder from the gas. It sounds crazy but it makes you burp for Britain and really helps.

I hope it goes well!! And you know what they often say after a good clean out...

Rach x
  • Options
    aw that is fantastic news, i wish you all the luck in the world!!!! x
  • Options
    Fab news hun, fingers crossed that it all goes well so you can get your well deserved BFP in 2009!
  • Options
    xx

[Modified by: lilac* on December 17, 2008 12:45 PM]

• Options
    Don't back down lilac - he hasn't told you to cancel, he has just said he thinks you should cancel. Nothing at work is more important than this, and he was bang out of order talking about your personal stuff in front of everyone.

Hope it works out and you can go ahead on Monday.

• Options
    What an idiot - it's NHS you can't cancel and anyway you should get it as sick pay NOT holiday. I got mine under sick pay you're having an operation!! Don't back down he sounds like a git!

Rach x
  • Options
    Thanks guys i'm so excited...god i'm weird who's happy about surgery???

I'm having a lap and a tuboplasty thing (not the right word) basically their going to attempt to unblock my tubes and maybe try removing any larger cysts from ovaries according the letter anyway.... they hadn't mentioned the cyst thing in my appointment!?

If its successful they'll perscribe clomid in the new yr!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ohh... thats my next appt!! Well im having the tuboplasty via HSG :roll: You will have to let me know how it goes!! Whats the reason for them prescribing Clomid afterwards? Whats happened with your boss!!?
  • Options
    Thanks girls talk about dampening my excitement/dreams etc stupid idiot had me tears!!!!

Ur all right and i've decided to sod him and have gone ahead and confirmed my surgery!!!!

Boo- will of course let you know honey! The're perscribing clomid after as i also have PCOS and don't OV so will need to get something moving down my newly cleared tubes image
  • Options
    What a moron, can;t belive some people.
    Don't blame u about going ahead with it, life is to short and precious.
    Sxx
  • Options
    Thats my girl....and sorry for the rant earlier - but he made me ssssoooo angry!!!!! xxx
  • Options
    no need to be sorry i needed the kick up the arse...can't believe i even considered cancelling besides if all the work we have on is so important why has he gone on hol for 2 days????

xxxxxx