Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any Ideas Ladies??

Right Ladies...need some advice here...I had my last period on June 29th, and i am ALWAYS a 28 Days cycle for as many years as i can remember, as ive been TTC for over a year now, I finally went to the docs at the beginning of this month, doc has referred my to Gynae and had me booked in for 21 Day bloods, I was sooo annoyed with myself and got the time of the appointment wrong...so missed the appointment!..but since going to the doc at the beginning of this month,i stopped obsessing over everything and had a very chilled out month. So anyway i was due my period on Sunday...It is now Wednesday afternoon and still nothing, I have been getting slight cramps like period pains only fainter since Saturday night on n off!
Out of curiosity i done a cheapy HPT this morning...NEG!...
Any ideas ladies??? :\?

Replies

• Might be worth trying a FR. I have heard lots of mixed things about the cheapy HPTs. I had a rogue cycle of 31 days a couple of months ago (I'm always 28 days too) but it was just that I ov'd late. Do you know when you ov'd and how long your LP normally is? x
  • Hmmm that's a bit strange but your body does surprise you sometimes, I'm a clockwork kinda gal too but this month I ovulated 10 days after the point in my cycle that I normally do and AF usually shows exactly 14 days after this point and she didn't. Luckily I KNEW I couldn't be pregnant as I had to contracept as had my hycosy that cycle so I didn't get my hopes up.

Maybe the fact you relaxed or maybe a bit of stress over the missed appointment wreaked havoc with your cycle??

I'd put it to the back of your mind for the moment and try not to get your hopes up and test over the weekend (first pee of the day) if still no sign by then.

Are you using any ovulation predictor type things? Any idea how many days past ovulation you are?

Fingers crossed there's a happy reason for this but I know better than to get your hopes up.

Good luck xx
  • Hey thanx both for ure reply....

I normally Ov on cd14...and have a very regular 28day cycle..but i guess this month could be different!

Jus kinda wish it would show...so i can start trying again!!
    Have a feeling its not on its way tho!! ha...typical

xx
  • Oh yeah and also..with me feeling a bit more relaxed this month, i didnt take BBT or chart anything...which i suppose would have helped!
    xx
  • Oh the body is awful, isn't it? I have my own odd predicament at the moment, but just when you think you know yourself, something changes.

I hope it's a good sign for you x x
  • Sorry no help but i understand your frustration. Hope you get some answers soon (in the form of bfp of course)
    xx
  • hello,

Dont want to get anybodys hopes up, but just wanted to say my sis didnt get her BFP until 18dpo, she had a few symptoms but kept getting BFN... then suddenly it changed, she's now 20 weeks! : )

on the other end of the spectrum, my af disappeared one day and didnt come back for 6 months, ive been put on clomid now to try and sort the situation.. ho hum.

Hope its a BFP for you x

• Right well im back, ha...im now on CD32, which is unheard of for me!.... I had some very light spotting this morning and thought that my AF had arrived, in a way i was reliefed and thought woo hoo we can start trying again soon...but since that light spotting this morning...nothing more has happened...anymore advice ladies??
    xx
  • Yes time for another test me thinks xx