Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

trying to concieve

hi i have been trying to concieve for approx 3 years now, i am 25 and so far no luck. i have really iregular periods but am so scred to go to the doctor, whenever i go i just get told im overweight and thats why i have bad periods, i have tried so hard to lose weight but it still does not help!! everyone around me at the moment seems to be getting pregnant and its so upsetting!!! anyone have any suggestions on things i could do to help me to concieve x x thankyou x x

Replies

• I think you need to go back to your doctor and put your foot down and say you want some tests doing. Tell them you accept that you are overweight but with the irregular periods and the fact you find losing weight really difficult you would like them to test you for PCOS.

Do not leave the doctors until they refer you for the tests. PCOS is a viscious circle you put weight on because of it and find it hard to lose.

It may not be PCOS of course but the symptoms are all there and there may be help out there for you.
  • Hi Lisa

This is a really frustrating situation for you and I was faced with the same response from my GP when I first went years ago.

Have you given hypnotherapy a thought?

I tried it straight after the doctor suggested I tackle it and it really worked and wasn't a diet, which meant the results lasted longer.

Good luck :\)

Emma x