Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

am feelin like am never gonna b a mummy..update

Hey ladies. . . At the moment am feeling down. Got bloods on Thursday. . Am 30 and just feel like i won't be lucky enough to get my baby. I feel like Im not really loosing Interest but getting disheartened. When i look on ttc i just feel sad because it would just be a dream for me. I no how much we would make wonderfully parents. I on cd 16 and don't think ov even yet. Sorry to be miserable lol. . But think its makin me feel bit incomplete x X does anyone else ever feel like this? X X

[Modified by: booey on 23 September 2010 15:57:55 ]

Replies

• Options
    Same here image

My next step is HSG or Clomid and i was thinking this morning, i just KNOW that the tablets won't give me the baby i want. It has been that long that i could never imagine myself pregnant.

Just keep your chin up hun, your day will eventually come and it'll be all the more special.

xx
  • Options
    But, you know, it was at that point last year when I had given up, decided to stop trying so hard and got a new job etc....we found out I was pg. It wasn't meant to be, but I just wish I could get myself to that point again, as I'm sure it helped xx
  • Options
    I know how you feel - but it can and will happen! I tried for 2 years and was told by my consultant that private-funded IVF was my only chance - and immediately afterwards found out I was pregnant, naturally. I had completely given up hope (to the point when I didn't even do a test, even though I was late...). I'm currently 11 weeks with my first (age 39).
    Good luck and stay positive. It will happen.
  • Options
    Hi Booey, G/C from DID. The title of your post just hit me as I had these feelings for years. After numerous tests and 2.5 years of trying we were on the verge of starting fertility treatment only to find out that I was pregnant. I will be 37 when my lo arrives and am still a bit stunned that it is happening at all. Don't give up hope, I know exactly how you feel. i could (and did) write this post myself. I hope you get your hearts desire and rest assured that when it does happen you will make an even better Mummy because you will really appreciate what you've got xxx
  • Options
    Oh Booey it's so sad to read this and see how sad you are feeling. I know there's not much can be said to make you feel better but there are SO many women who find ttc hard but eventually get their BFP so it will happen
    And what redbrown says is so true, we will be amazing mummies because it has been so hard getting to that point!
    My sister in law (who is also one of my best friends) just fell pregnant - they started 2 months after us and only started using OPKs this month so I am jealous to say the least! It's really hard but I am just consoling myself thinking it will happen!

Are you on FB? It's easier to msg on there, let me know if you wanna be fb friends!!xxx
  • Options
    Sorry you are having a down day Booey. I bet every single one of us in this forum feels the same or as you or has felt the same at some point. I always cry to my hubby and say I can never imagine it actually happening for us. I think it is natural - perhaps a sort of self preservation technique to shield ourselves from being dissapointed.

I completely know what you mean about getting disheartened, when I am really low I just want to give up and I feel like I don't want to try anymore. Self preservation again probably!!!

We will all get there, I am sure of it. And we will be such wonderful mummies when we do X
  • Options
    hi all...thank you all so much for all your lovely comments! it really does help xxx...its nice to know that people are going through similar thingsa and thouights....am still gonna keep the PMA going...like i use to when in ttc image ...

im not on FB babyvivvy but have msn, if you email me ur addy i can add you image xx...would be nice to get to no ya xx
    i got ovulation pains so think am ovulating woohoo!! xx
  • Options
    Try not to give up hope Booey. I remember feeling the same as you only too well. We tried unsuccessfully for 20months to conceive due to male infertility factors, we were given less than 5% odds of it happening yet we conceived naturally just before our IVF was due to start. Some people just take longer than others, makes you appreciate it even more when it does happen. Keep believing and keep smiling.

Chickidee 38+1 x
  • Options
    Aawwweee Booey,

Fingers crossed for you. I know its hard, I told husband this evening in fact that I'm beginning to think it'll not happen. But as the girls above say.... Theres always hope. Thank god for this forum!!!!!!!!

xoimage
  • Options
    awww thanks chickidee image ....thats it gonna keep smiling and stop feeling sorry for myself...i have a wonderfull husband and home...alot more than some others...so should be more gratefull....i usually am but this week has got me right in the dumps...prolly cos got bloods thurs...but am hoping its the start of something special! xxx
  • Options
    well been docs this am with OH, had blood tests and smear n swabs done and OH sorting out his SA soon also...so we are on the case! haha feeling bit realived i had those done now tbh....so come BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe xxxx
  • Options
    just try to keep smiling and never give up hope. Try and plan something to look forward to each month for if the nasty witch comes, thats what me and my hubby try to do.
    Wishing you lots of luck XXX