Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Thats me out on to next month and hsg - advice please

Title says it all really, was so hopefull this month too image So on to month 17

At least we have had our first fertility appointment and I have my hsg planned.

Doc is happy that SA results were ok

Just wondered what to expect with hsg I'm really nervous

Thanks

Replies

• Hey...
    im also out for this month... i feeling sooooo cRAP today!!!! Only been spotting today... so expecting it properly tomorrow image

Onto month 3 of Clomid at the weekend image

As for the HSG chick.... its not at all pleasent.... but at the same time its not as bad as i had envisaged.... if u have any questions about it... dont hesitate to ask... i had mine back in November

xx
  • Hi Cupcake, thanks for the reply, 3rd time lucky for you then definately image

Hopefully I will get clomid after hsg, does it hurt for a long time afterwards, I was wondering whether to take the whole day off afterwards

Thanks xx
  • Oh hopefully ure right chick.... 3rd time lucky eh.... image
    Thanx for the PMA im needing it!!

As for the HSG.... i took the whole day off work for it, as i wasnt sure how i would feel... and if i was told i had any problems... would i be able to face going back to work (luckily my tubes were all clear).... I found the procedure to be a little uncomfortable, and that was with two co-codamel before it.... but as soon as it was over the pain disappeared and i had no more pain after that which was a relief... image
    Hopefully yours will be the same hun....

Have u had 21 day bloods taken??

xx
  • sending you a bucket load of PMA then!

The things we have to do ay to get our BFPs. Hopefully it will be the same for me then.

Yeah I have two lots of 21 day bloods, the first said I didn't ov but the second one said I did, so they are not sure.

Are you having scans with your clomid? The doc mentioned to me scans and injections as well to stimulate the egg release.

How long have you been trying?

xx
  • Thanks WWAF, I've been following your posts for a while now and just wanted to say how sorry I was that you got a BFN, I hear you are trying the IVF again soon and wish you all the luck in the world for that.

I've just rung to book my appointment and it can't be this month as they only carry out hsg's on Fridays and as I'm on cd2 it falls that it would be next friday which is good friday, so I have to wait another month - how annoying and we had our next appointment booked with the clinic which I will now have to postpone.

I suppose compared with your journey another month is nothing but you would think they may be able to squeeze me in.

Hope you both enjoy your weekends, I'm going out for a chinese tomorrow night which will be nice
    xx
  • I agree with wwaf - I didn't feel anything, it didn't hurt (I forgot to take painkillers too) and all I had was a little tiny bit of discharge after - no pain or blood, plus I also found what was on screen fascinating. Oh and it only took seconds - less than a smear and not as painful for me. I think my appointment was in the afternoon and as I work in London there was no point me going back to work afterwards anyway.

wwaf - I agree - I really hope you're next - you so deserve it. Am sure the drinking thing is a bit of rubbish as lots of us conceived the months we didn't give up booze so enjoy your wine!x
  • Hey fingerscrossed30 I don't have any advice but I think we are about the same stage, I have just had my 1st fertility clinic appt and have been ref for a hsg- same prob as you they only do them on Tues at my hosp and only 6 a week, so they say it can take up to 3 months to get it done, after that if all clear we're sent away to keep trying for 6-9months then IVF and if blocked IVF straight away. I thought I might get offered clomid but they don't seem to think there is any point as bloods show OV. I don't even get a follow-up appt!! seems a bit weird almost like they thinkk IVF is the answer!!
    Anyway I've heard that the hsg isn't too bad and def the nicest of the options to check your tubes!! Hope we both get appts soon xx
  • Hi Stickbird, yeh a whole baby process buddie!

They only do two a week where I am, its silly isn't it.

So how long have you been trying we are on month 17 now, i've had regular AF in that it happens at some point every month but this last cycle was 25days and the one before that was 45.

Like you say I hope with both get appointments soon, or a BFP!

I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine and spend some time in the garden, enjoy your weekendimage
  • Hey there everyone.... hope everyone has had a lovely weekend... ive been away since friday... image

Thanx for the PMA FC30......

Ive had a few 21day bloods done and ALL come back that i ovulate... so basically im on the clomid to help me prodce better eggs i think!! ha...
    I was ment to go for a scan the first month i was on clomid.... but I couldnt manage it...so nope not been for any scans.. but hvae felt fine on it... image
    I went for bloods on my first month on it too and before my levels on day 21 were around 35... there now up to nearly 90... so at least its heading in the right direction.

xx
  • Hey Fingerscrossed30, this is month 24 or 25??? almost lost count!! Your AF sounds just like mine, it arrives every month, but who knows when, I've been on Agnus Castus and Vit B and this seems to have helped a bit, but it has all gone a bit haywire again this month, think I OV over the weekend so into the 2ww now.

Cupcake can I ask who suggested the clomid for you? I also OV on my own, but clomid has never been mentioned and I was hoping that I might get some as a chance before a IVF ref - depending on HSG result, as tbh the thought of IVF fills me with fear! xx
  • Hey there stickbird...

It was my consultant at the infertility clinic that suggested it... I was given 3months to start with then just at the start of cycle 2 i went back and got a further 3months supply...
    I dont knw how i feel about it tbh... as i did already OV...

Have u any idea what ure levels were at when u got ure cd21 bloods taken??

xx
  • Hi Stickbird and Cupcake, its strange isn't it how all the different areas have different ideas.

My two lots of cd21 bloods came back as 1 (so no ov) and 54 (so they think i did) then last month I got a smiley on a opk so must have ov as well.

I'm guessing that maybe one tube is blocked which is why sometimes i do and sometimes I don't.

How you going in your 2ww stickbird, I'll be back to bd tomorrow, to knackered tonight been out for a run in the rain, really enjoyed it but tired now image xx

• Just to let you know i had my HSG today and despite being nerve-wracking was fine and went back to work after. So glad it is over (and tubes ok too image)

Good luck xx