Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blood test results- problem with progesterone?

Hello ladies,

My hubby and me have been TTC since July which I know is not at all long in the grand scheme of things.
However, my cycles have been really random, ranging from 35-66 days and Im not convinced I'm ovulating. For the last few weeks Ive been temp charting, Ive been taking Evening Primrose Oil and have been having a bit of an on/off affair with Agnus Castus (is it any good?!!). Im also going to use OPKs for this cycle to see whether I am actually ovulating or not.

Anyway, I went to the doctor to ask for advice and had blood tests done for 4 different hormones, thyroid function etc.
I just rang the surgery for my results and everything is normal except for progesterone...I don't know whether it is high/low or anything and I don't know what this might mean for our TTC plans either. My doctor is on holiday until next Thurs so Ive booked an appt for then but in the meantime, can anyone give me any advice about progesterone levels and what an imbalance might mean? I am getting myself a bit worried and don't want to worry myself constantly for the next 6 days...also don't know what I should be asking the doctor or what the potential next steps are?
My hubby's sister mentioned PCOS but I don't know much about it?
Do any of you ladies have any experience with progesterone imbalances? What has been the cause/treatment for you? I know that everyone is different but any similar experiences would be greatly appreciated...!

Thanks very much,

Spanglepants x
PS sorry I've gone on a bit!